Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ugh... got a new Logitech C920 webcam with all this teleworking stuff going on but I cannot get it consistently to work. on my Windows 10 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RustyFalcon, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop

Ugh... got a new Logitech C920 webcam with all this teleworking stuff going on but I cannot get it consistently to work. on my Windows 10 1909 18363.752 desktop.

My desktop is connected via CAT5 through a Ubiquiti switch to my Ubiquiti router thence on to my cable modem with 1Gbps down/50 Mbps up Internet service. I have both the current Microsoft Store SKYPE APP and the Skype Desktop version installed. Device Manager tells me I have Imaging Devices > HD Pro Webcam C920 installed at driver version 1.3.92.0 from Logitech dated 5/7/2019.

In the Skype APP - from Microsoft Store:
    - I can see the video output from my camera
    - I cannot make calls of any kind - I get "Weak Connection try again later"

In the Skype Desktop version - downloaded and installed
    - I cannot see my video camera input - black screen only
    - I can make audio calls

I solved this about a year ago by deleting the APP version and installing the DESKTOP version then setting "EnableFrameServerMode" to "0" using RegEdit in Windows Media Foundation > Platform folders but that isn't resolving the issue.

I have been Googling and trying different settings all afternoon to no avail and am rather frustrated. Several Microsoft support posts advocate deleting the Skype APP and then all will be well using the Desktop version but that's not my experience.

For other applications:
    - I can see video in the Microsoft Camera app
    - I can make video calls in the Messenger app
    - GoToMeeting app spins and spins trying to access my camera
    - Zoom application captures and passes video just fine
    - Curiously the Logitech Camera Settings app shows a black screen no video and the Logitech Capture app shows error Camera Not Available even with no other apps running

I'm feeling like this is a driver issue but Device Manager is telling me the driver is up to date with a reasonable recent 2019 version number.

Any ideas would be appreciated to get this camera consistently up and running in Skype and other applications.

Thank you,
    Brian Decker

:)

RustyFalcon, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Windows 10 and Skype

And not only that but also:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update will double the number of Start menu ads/promoted apps

Sure, all that stuff can be uninstalled but then again who needs more crapware

edit: without that W10 clean installation could've been much faster just like on ltsb version

clean out-of-box start menu on W10 ltsb

Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop windows-10-start-menu.png

Drone, Mar 31, 2020
  3. dorsetknob, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop

Windows 10 Skype App

Hello,

To answer your query, we suggest that you try to check on the links provided below:

Let us know if it answered your query.

Marivel Man, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop

1. Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop - Similar Threads - 1909 Skype App

2. Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop: Skype app not opening on my Windows 10 desktop anymore, a moving Skype sympbol visible for a while, then a blank window only and app closes. Reinstallation with the same result. Skype still functioning on my Adroid smartphone, though. Any solution?...
  3. Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop: Skype app not opening on my Windows 10 desktop anymore, a moving Skype sympbol visible for a while, then a blank window only and app closes. Reinstallation with the same result. Skype still functioning on my Adroid smartphone, though. Any solution?...
  4. 1909 vs 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1909 vs 2004: I thought maybe or suggested possibly this seemed to be true immediately with 2004, but after being with for a few days I do find & feel 2004 superior to 1909. No, this isn't from fancy lab set ups & testing or Swiss stop-watches... nothing but, plain ole everyday use....
  5. Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop: Ugh... got a new Logitech C920 webcam with all this teleworking stuff going on but I cannot get it consistently to work. on my Windows 10 1909 18363.752 desktop. My desktop is connected via CAT5 through a Ubiquiti switch to my Ubiquiti router thence on to my cable modem with...
  6. sharing windows 10 vs 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing windows 10 vs 1909: I have tried everything in windows 10 vs1909 about sharing nothing works even i set in services.msc but nothing john ebejer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-windows-10-vs-1909/535d6672-e576-46e1-9d95-acb4bef9211d
  7. voip vs skype

voip vs skype: between skype and voip, which one would give an even more economical pricing for someone who wants to make unlimited long distance international phone calls??? which one would be cheaper in the long run as far as unlimited long distance calls??? both use an internet...
  8. Skype for Business desktop app on Mac replace Skype Meetings App (web)

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business desktop app on Mac replace Skype Meetings App (web): In October, 2018, we announced a plan to offer the Skype for Business desktop app on Mac as our web-downloadable meetings client instead of Skype Meetings App, starting in December. Due to feedback from customers, we decided to postpone the change. Everything is now in place,...
  9. Skype Win 10 vs Desktop Skype

Skype Win 10 vs Desktop Skype: Where does Skype Win 10 store its chat history? I believe the Desktop version stores it in C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Skype\<SkypeName> in a file called main.db But I can't find something similar for the Win 10 version. Is it stored on MS servers or something? Thanks...
  10. Modern app vs Desktop app

Modern app vs Desktop app: Hello all! I have just upgraded to windows 10. A quick visit in the windows store revealed that a few of the apps that I have installed already are also available as modern apps (i.e. QQ, onenote etc.) which makes me wonder if there is any performance boost in using modern...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype windows 10 app vs desktop

2. which is faster skype app or skype desktop