Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ahoy, I have Version 1909 Build 18363.720. Up until Friday or Saturday it seems, Windows 10 went into sleep mode quite often, which is how I set it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gerardodiaz1, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

Ahoy,

I have Version 1909 Build 18363.720. Up until Friday or Saturday it seems, Windows 10 went into sleep mode quite often, which is how I set it up but now it will not enter sleep mode at all, even overnight when the PC has been left for ten hours at least. With that said, it is a desktop, brand new and a new version of windows installed, about three weeks old. I recently did an update as per windows. Thoughts on maybe if the update changed something and if so, can I revert the setting or is there a patch coming shortly to fix this?

:)

gerardodiaz1, Mar 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 25, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

1. Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep - Similar Threads - 1909 Sleep

2. Sleep states and power drain 1909 build

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep states and power drain 1909 build: Hello to the forum. Chasing power drain when sleeping (machine but perhaps also me). After checking this post ... Sleep States Available on your Windows 10 PC And producing some output from "powercfg"... I am a bit puzzled .. I understood that if this machine has "S0" capable...
  3. computer doesn't go to sleep in 2004 or 2009 so i am back to 1909 again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    computer doesn't go to sleep in 2004 or 2009 so i am back to 1909 again: idk what's wrong, last year i finally upgraded to 2004 and even tried 2009, in both versions computer won't go to sleep on it's own and monitor also turn off after specifically set time but it's totally fine in 1909. 1909 will still be supported for more than an year but...
  4. Which builds still allow/support S3 sleep ? (1909 current)

Which builds still allow/support S3 sleep ? (1909 current): Having read this tutorial on power states ... I have 1909 with updates delayed. Am aware that updates will eventually happen. Really like S3 sleep, very useful to me and have no interest in nor want the S0 modern standby version (battery killer). Ages ago read that S3 ability...
  5. 802.1x authentication issue after computer resume from sleep mode post upgrade to 1909 OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    802.1x authentication issue after computer resume from sleep mode post upgrade to 1909 OS: Hi Folks, I've seen several threads active on this on Internet but couldn't find a working solution amidst all of them. I've a ticket open with Microsoft to troubleshoot this issue but thought to ask this here because there is lot less response/action on the case we are...
  6. Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1909 Default Save Location one drive and no sleep option: Thanks in advance Used to run 1803 and resisted updating because I just knew stuff would break, plus they change the look of things and I don't like it. But I decided to format my C: in a bid to speed up my computer and so I had to reinstall windows. Naturally stuff broke....
  7. Night Light (Night Mode) breaks on main monitor after waking up from sleep :( 1909 (fresh...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light (Night Mode) breaks on main monitor after waking up from sleep :( 1909 (fresh...: Hey there, I got a dual monitor setup, an AMD gpu with the latest drivers and for some reason night light always breaks/stops working on my main monitor (turning it on/off) doesn't do anything on the main monitor, it does work as intended on the second one though :( I...
  8. Toshiba C660 Laptop does not wake from sleep on Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba C660 Laptop does not wake from sleep on Windows 10 1909: Hi everyone, I've been trying to setup an old Toshiba C660 laptop with Windows 10 (version 1909). The one problem that I've encountered is that the laptop does not resume from sleep. The fan spins and power light comes on, but there is nothing (no backlight) on the screen...
  9. Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up...

Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up...: So i have had this for the last couple of months. I waited till the newst update came out to ask this hoping that it might have been a windows issue and that it would resolve its self with the update. But sadly it didnt. So for the past 2 months i have been dealing with...
  10. Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909

Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909: From time to time I have either reset or reinstalled Windows 10 Home on Windows 10 DVD on my solid-state-drive to clean up my computer and start fresh. I also format my attached internal hard drive discs which I use to store my files and folders. Before I format the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep windows 10 1909

2. windows 10 1909 will not sleep