Windows 10: Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ahoy, I have Version 1909 Build 18363.720. Up until Friday or Saturday it seems, Windows 10 went into sleep mode quite often, which is how I set it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gerardodiaz1, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

Ahoy,

I have Version 1909 Build 18363.720. Up until Friday or Saturday it seems, Windows 10 went into sleep mode quite often, which is how I set it up but now it will not enter sleep mode at all, even overnight when the PC has been left for ten hours at least. With that said, it is a desktop, brand new and a new version of windows installed, about three weeks old. I recently did an update as per windows. Thoughts on maybe if the update changed something and if so, can I revert the setting or is there a patch coming shortly to fix this?

:)

gerardodiaz1, Mar 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 25, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep

1. Windows 10 1909 Will not Sleep - Similar Threads - 1909 Sleep

2. My Windows 10 Home has changed to Windows 10 Education Edition after the 1909 Update on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 Home has changed to Windows 10 Education Edition after the 1909 Update on...: My Windows 10 Home turned into Education Edition after I updated my laptop last month. My laptop was linked to a school account, but my main account was my own personal Microsoft account. Today, I got the error message that my activation cannot be done. So I checked my...
  3. 1909 upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1909 upgrade problem: After the upgrade to 1909 version for windows 10, file explorer launches when pc is turned on. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1909-upgrade-problem/58d7d6f6-51a2-4bcd-9ee7-9bbe44118bee
  4. Unable to read a DVD in running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to read a DVD in running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909: I am unable to read a DVD on my Dell XPS M1530 after upgrading windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Version 1909. All properties in Device manager are optional, but I still can not read a DVD. Help!!...
  5. Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1909 locks system instead of putting it to sleep. Please help: So I recently reinstalled my Windows OS as I upgraded SSDs, however after the update my system no longer turns of the monitors at all. It now instead locks them. Which is fine I honestly don't mind the locking of my system but what I do mind is my monitors blinding me in...
  6. Windows goes in Sleep Mode while Working on, and this started after upgraded to Build 1909

Windows goes in Sleep Mode while Working on, and this started after upgraded to Build 1909: Hi Team, Good Morning! I have my Dell Latitude 7490 Laptop with 16 GB RAM, i5 8th Gen. 1.7 GHz processor, provided my organization. I have recently 15 days back upgraded the windows version to Build version 1909, and since then I am facing this very weird issue. My PC...
  7. Windows 10 version 1909 Sleep mode getting crashing .

Windows 10 version 1909 Sleep mode getting crashing .: Windows 10 version 1909 OS BUILD 18363.592 Hello Team, I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1909 and since I cannot successfully boot from hibernate or sleep state, it always crashes and boots up from shutdown state. I used hibernate with Windows 10 Version 1903 just fine...
  8. updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...: Anyone have any idea what on earth is going on here? When the computer wakes from sleep it's a mess now, the sound is trashed through my speakers, it works fine on my headset however which is USB. I basically can't use sleep anymore since updating since it basically breaks...
  9. How do I setup Desktop that won't wakeup from sleep in Windows 10 1909?

How do I setup Desktop that won't wakeup from sleep in Windows 10 1909?: For well over two months now, I have been trying to setup sleep on my Desktop PC. It will go to sleep but won't wakeup unless I power down to restart it. Sometimes it starts if I use the reset button. I've even tried a clean install. I've tried all the power plans...
  10. Windows 10 (1909) Locks Hard After Sleeping

Windows 10 (1909) Locks Hard After Sleeping: <flame on>Congratulations, Microsoft! You've once again apparently managed to distribute an update -- 1909 or maybe the KB4524570 "quality" update -- which hard locks my system when it sleeps. Whatever testing regime you're using is suspect, inadequate or both. <flame off>...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 will not sleep