Windows 10: WIndows 10 1909 WIndows Defender

Discus and support WIndows 10 1909 WIndows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The latest incantation and obfuscation of Windows seems to make it impossible to disable the msmpeng even when you make changes in SETTINGS, Group... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StanKasper, Dec 12, 2019.

1. WIndows 10 1909 WIndows Defender

The latest incantation and obfuscation of Windows seems to make it impossible to disable the msmpeng even when you make changes in SETTINGS, Group Policy and the registry. It now looks like it is built into the OS. Looking at this from a corporate / buisness level one has to ask what information is collected, where is it stored and who is it transmitted to? In the past there were some convulated ways to replace with with AV programs. Now it seems this has to run regardless? Note this applies to fresh installs as I suspect MS does not want to interrupt past instances.

:)

StanKasper, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 12, 2019
  4. WIndows 10 1909 WIndows Defender

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

WIndows 10 1909 WIndows Defender

1. WIndows 10 1909 WIndows Defender - Similar Threads - 1909 Defender

2. I can't access my windows defender (version 1909).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't access my windows defender (version 1909).: [ATTACH] I have updated on 20H but ever since I have been using that version I have experience random freeze and lags. Even if I have done everything I could (defrag, sfc scan, chkdsk, disable startup) still it freezes for like 3-5mins. In version 1909 I don't experience...
  3. Will Defender continue to get definition updates after vers. 1909 hits EOL?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will Defender continue to get definition updates after vers. 1909 hits EOL?: Running vers 1909 and can't upgrade it without replacing this older PC. After EOL for this version, will Defender continue to receive definition updates? Thanks! Dave...
  4. Need to turn the following off in windows 10 1909 about windows defender telling me that...

Need to turn the following off in windows 10 1909 about windows defender telling me that...: Hello, I have just installed windows 10 1909 but keep getting the following message appear on the screen the message tells me that the virus definitions for windows defender are out of date, is there a way to turn this message off. Any Help would be great. Thanks...
  5. is windows defender sufficient with 1909

is windows defender sufficient with 1909: is windows defender sufficient for antivirus protection in version 1909? 168972
  6. Unable to disable Windows Defender on 1909

Unable to disable Windows Defender on 1909: Hello! I'm using Windows 10 1909, Version 10.0.18363, Build 18363. I am unable to turn off Windows Defender permanently. I followed this guide: How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 and none of the methods work. I have turned off tamper protection...
  7. windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice

windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice: so long story short i 1st went into 2004 back on 16th of last month all 4 tasks when you go into a new version will always get reset no task run now on 3rd day verification scan runs and afterwards windows defender cache windows defender cleanup windows defender scheduler...
  8. upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans

upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans: trying to figure something out whenever a person goes into a new windows feature update version the windows defender task scheduler on my end reverts to 11/30/99 now yesterday the 4th task windows defender verification ran and i'm trying to figure out when will other 3 tasks...
  9. 1909 - Windows Defender freezes mid scan.. constant "quick scan due"

1909 - Windows Defender freezes mid scan.. constant "quick scan due": Howdy! I installed Windows 10 Pro completely fresh (new cpu, new motherboard, new drive) in December and since then the little windows defender icon in the tray has had the yellow ! triangle telling me a quick scan is due. But whenever I perform a quick scan (or a full scan,...
  10. Windows Defender popup notifications disappeared on new 1909 version!

Windows Defender popup notifications disappeared on new 1909 version!: Ive clean installed version 1909. When I run a Full manual scan with Windows Defender i'm no longer getting a Notification popup about the scan saying no threats were detected as I always have on all previous Windows 10 versions. I am waiting to see if the same thing happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender 1909

2. how disable windows defender build 1909 windows 10

3. win 1909 defender

4. windows defender for 1909,
  5. unable to run windows defender on windows 10 1909 version,
  6. Access windows defender via 1909,
  7. does windows defender run at kernel level,
  8. win 10 disable web search 1909,
  9. windows defender broken windows 10 1909,
  10. windows 1909 windows defender antivirus starts and stops,
  11. win 10 1909 on my tablet,