Windows 10: Windows 10 1909/XXXX Contrast Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 1909/XXXX Contrast Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Win 10 64 bit Professional on my desktop PC. For whatever reason depending on what is shown on-screen the contrast is automatically changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John5559, Aug 7, 2020.

1. John5559 Win User

Windows 10 1909/XXXX Contrast Issue

I am using Win 10 64 bit Professional on my desktop PC. For whatever reason depending on what is shown on-screen the contrast is automatically changed by Windows 10. How do I know it's Windows 10 and not something else? It's not my monitor/their settings, in Linux this doesn't happen. It's not my nvidia GPU or its drivers, it doesn't happen on Linux and still happens with Win10 and basic display drivers.

I don't have any auto-thing turned on, so why does my contrast still change?

:)

John5559, Aug 7, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 1909/XXXX Contrast Issue

High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to apply the changes from the settings option in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1) Type High contrast settings in the search box and then click on High Contrast settings.

2) In the right pane select the level of contrast choose a theme and check.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1909/XXXX Contrast Issue

1. Windows 10 1909/XXXX Contrast Issue - Similar Threads - 1909 XXXX Contrast

2. Issue with windows 11 contrast on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with windows 11 contrast on laptop: So I am having an issue with the contrast of my laptop but overall I'm just not sure how to word the question to even put it into google to figure out if other people have the same issue and how to fix it because its such a strange problem.I am running windows 11 on a ROG...
  3. Issue with windows 11 contrast on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows 11 contrast on laptop: So I am having an issue with the contrast of my laptop but overall I'm just not sure how to word the question to even put it into google to figure out if other people have the same issue and how to fix it because its such a strange problem.I am running windows 11 on a ROG...
  4. Windows 10 1909 VPN issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 VPN issues: I use a Cisco VPN connection to connect to my office network. About 2 months back I had a windows 10 upgrade 1909. After that update I have been facing major internet speed issues on the VPN. I have a 120 mbps connection but I get 0.1 mbps once I am on the office VPN. My...
  5. Windows 10 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 issue: I've been having issues with my windows since the last security update back around march 9 booting it up takes like 30 minutes now and when I check the disk usage my main hdd is running at 100% only program draining it seems to be system.exe, I've had corrupted hdd's before...
  6. Please insert a disk into XXXX issue Windows 10

Please insert a disk into XXXX issue Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hello All, I am having a very weird issue on windows 10 where I insert my USB and windows detects it but cannot read it. The weird thing is the USB works fine on another windows 10 laptop(WIN10PRO), windows 10 desktop(WIN10PRO) and macbookpro that I have test it...
  7. Video playback contrast issue

Video playback contrast issue: Hi r/Windows10. I'm having a really bizarre issue that I suspect has a simple fix, but I just can't figure out what that fix is. Basically Windows changes the contrast of every media playback program that comes from the Microsoft store, like Netflix or the "movies and TV"...
  8. Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?: Hi, I'm looking for some help with this audio problem I'm having. My problem is that certain sounds are too low while others are too high, and there is no bass. This happens while I'm on Youtube, watching a movie or playing video games . For example, lets say I'm playing a...
  9. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

Windows 10 update 1909 Issue: Issue related to internet connection and restart/hibernation on windows after new update. My issue is related to only none edge browsers loading websites slow with some taking 5 minutes or more. This was random and if I tried to use the troubleshooting option the connection...
  10. Contrast issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contrast issue: I have this problem where the application has a black banner and when you left click to drag it's green. This goes away after the computer sleeps but is a recurring issue. Any thoughts, thank you.[IMG]...