Windows 10: Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

Discus and support Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program and have joined the slow ring. I have install build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528. now a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Cranness, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

Hi,

I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program and have joined the slow ring. I have install build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528.

now a number of my 'modern ui' apps are not working including

• Settings
    • Feedback Hub
    • Get Help
    • Deezer
    • Films & TV

The application splash screen opens and then closes after about 30 seconds

This is very frustrating.

As Settings isn't working i cannot revert to a previous version of Windows.

Please advise how i can restore the apps in question or revert to a previous version of windows

Paul

:)

Paul Cranness, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Hi Mike,

Since you just freshly reinstalled Windows 10, we suggest resetting apps by following the steps below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click on Settings.
    • On the left pane, click on Default apps.
    • Click Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
    • Try to open another app and check if the issue persists.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Modern Apps not working

These procedures can be used to fix issues with These win 10 apps. Mail, Calendar, Cortana, Start menu, and Settings. It probably will work for others but I have only tested it with these.

Solution 1: Re-register this App:

• Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press
      Enter
    • From the output list, find the Mail App and remember the
      InstallLocation.
    • Type this command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml"}
    • It would run as below:

Solution 2: If re-register App cannot resolve your issue, Please reinstall the App.

Step 1: Uninstall it completely

• Run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage, press
      Enter
    • From the output list, find Mail App package and remember its
      PackageFullName as below:
    • And then type the following command: Remove-Appxpackage –Package microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6120.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Note: After running this command in Windows 10, the Mail icon still appear in the App list and Start menu. However, you cannot click to launch it. Just ignore and continue next
    step.

Step 2: Reinstall the App from Windows Store

Thanks to ForumFaq@Technet.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

1. Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working - Similar Threads - 19h1 Modern apps

2. Modern apps and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern apps and start menu not working.: Hello, the modern apps like settings, paint 3d, feedback hub and the start menu are not working.Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-apps-and-start-menu-not-working/706a45dd-b6d3-40e7-9925-ff5c71be2877
  3. Modern apps and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern apps and start menu not working.: Hello, the modern apps like settings, paint 3d, feedback hub and the start menu are not working.Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-apps-and-start-menu-not-working/706a45dd-b6d3-40e7-9925-ff5c71be2877
  4. Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

in Windows 10 News
    Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps: Windows 10 is a vastly more open platform than its competitors and you can do almost whatever you want within reason. There are a variety of free, paid and open-source apps that can modernize your Windows experience. To customize Windows 10, you can install themes from the...
  5. Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running: So, I am using Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to open Modern Windows Apps like the Settings, Microsoft Store, or The Xbox app which are based on the Windows Universal Platform, I get an error from explorer.exe and the message says "class not registered." I need to know...
  6. Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear

Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear: Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear Seems that Applocker is causing the issue. Microsoft Store is blocked by design by Applocker. Can't turn it off via GPO. This affecting standard users only and there are no issues if the user is an administrator....
  7. Windows 10 19H1 to come with Windows Security app improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 to come with Windows Security app improvements: Microsoft is currently working on its next major update 19H1 which is planned for a public release of April 2019. The update will be coming with many new features and improvements for the users to work with. Microsoft has already released a preview build 18305 earlier in the...
  8. Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help

Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help: I had this problem yesturday. When I try to open UWP apps or UWP-based APIS additions(like Volume control, WIFI controller, battery checker, action control, Start menu...etc) it doesn't open But this problem is not limited to this only, I can't even run Admin CMD/Admin...
  9. None of my Windows Ten Modern Apps Work.

None of my Windows Ten Modern Apps Work.: Hi, none of my Windows Ten Apps will open, including the windows ten store, xbox, groove music, mail, photos, minecraft windows ten edition, calendar, you get the idea. I'm running version 1511, (OS Build 10586.318). I can't remember when it started, but it's a pain. I've...
  10. Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Windows 10 modern apps not working...: So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 19h1 apps not opening

2. modern app are not working

3. windows calendar and mail not working on 19h1