Windows 10: Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour

Discus and support Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 19H1 update is scheduled to land in the Spring of 2019 and it will introduce several new features. Apart from new features and UI changes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 20, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour

Windows 10 19H1 update is scheduled to land in the Spring of 2019 and it will introduce several new features. Apart from new features and UI changes, Microsoft is also working on minor changes that would enhance the overall user experience and address the feedback.

In some cases, the brightness settings configured by the user were ignored when switching a device (particularly a laptop) from battery power to a socket power and vice versa.

Windows 10 ignored the user-defined brightness settings and when the device was plugged into the socket for charging, the brightness was automatically increased. This behaviour could be frustrating as the brightness level changes when switching from one mode to another.

Windows 10 19H1 will include some changes to introduce a battery friendly experience. With latest Windows 10 19H1 Build 18282, Microsoft has improved the brightness settings in the operating system.

Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour Brightness-setting.jpg

If you change the display brightness, the system will remember the new brightness level as the user’s prefered configuration whether the device is on battery mode or connected to the socket. It means that the brightness won’t change if you use the device while charging or on battery life.

It’s worth noting the battery saver mode will continue to automatically reduce the battery as it certainly makes sense to dim the display to preserve battery.

“We’ve heard your feedback about a specific case where a display can become brighter when transitioning from a battery charger to battery power. For 19H1, we’re modifying the display brightness behaviour so that this can no longer happen,” Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar confirmed in a blog post.

It’s one of the little things that can improve user experience and it’s great that Microsoft is committed to fixing all this kind of bugs.

This change will be implemented in Windows 10 with Spring 2019 update which is expected to land in Apri 2019 with several other similar improvements.

The other changes are also planned

Windows 10’s 2019 update will pack some other improvements and fixes. For example, the company is working on a new light theme, improved music flyout and as well as a new way to configure the volume mixer settings.

The post Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 20, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 20, 2018
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour

Problems with the display and brightness

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check
    if it helps you.

Refer: Uninstall, Reinstall or
    update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Note: Update all the drivers and also install all the pending updates and check.

Step 2: After installing and Updating refer the below steps to check how to automatically adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows + I keys and select System.
    • Select Display and check the Adjust brightness automatically
    • Restart the machine.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour

1. Windows 10 19H1 will modify the display brightness behaviour - Similar Threads - 19H1 modify display

2. Display and brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display and brightness: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: I am running Windows 10, yesterday i was using my portable computer, then i needed to heighten the brightness of my screen, i did using fn+ f5 all good. After few minutes i...
  3. Wierd display behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd display behaviour: Every now and again, my display looks like this: Shared album - Jeremy Bell - Google Photos If I restart the computer, it resolves itself. Anyone know a possible cause? Thank in advance, Jeremy 162308
  4. brightness display

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness display: I have recently bought a dell inspiron 5570. After about few days its brightness settings are no longer working. It has windows 10 and brightness bar is moving up and down but there is no change in screen brightness. I want to know why and can I rectify it?...
  5. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  6. Windows 10 19H1 to change Start menu’s navigation pane behaviour

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 to change Start menu’s navigation pane behaviour: Windows 10’s next update which is codenamed ’19H1′ will tweak the Start menu behaviour and the changes are available in Windows 10 Build 18282. Microsoft is planning new improvements for the Start menu and while it’s not a big change, it’s still quite noticeable. Windows 10...
  7. Display Brightness

Display Brightness: Hello.. I have accidentally made some changes in the settings due to which I can no longer change the brightness and the resolution of the display Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/303668c8-7973-49b3-aa97-768183a6c9bc
  8. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  9. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227
  10. Weird Display Behaviour

Weird Display Behaviour: I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed? I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 display brightness changes

2. we’ve heard your feedback about a specific case where a display can become brighter when transitioning from a battery charger to battery power. for 19h1 we’re modifying the display brightness behaviour so that this can no longer happen

3. 19h1 cant change brightness