Windows 10: Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana

Discus and support Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is making some changes to how Windows Search works in Windows 10. With Windows 10 19H1 update, Microsoft is reportedly planning to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 10, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana

Microsoft is making some changes to how Windows Search works in Windows 10. With Windows 10 19H1 update, Microsoft is reportedly planning to remove Windows Search from Cortana. It’s a smart move as this could eventually allow you to use the search feature flawlessly even if you don’t like Cortana.

Windows 10 19H1 will separate Cortana and Windows Search, and two different icons will be displayed on the taskbar. It’s a pretty neat change as this would allow Cortana to act more like a personal digital assistant and you can use Windows Search if you’re looking for files, pictures, music and other stuff stored in your local drive.

Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana Windows-Search.jpg

Microsoft is also working on Conversation Canvas for Cortana. The report claims that Cortana will move itself from the taskbar flyout panel to a conversation canvas UI with more focus on the assistant-like feature.

Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana Cortana-in-19H1.jpg

“In 19H1, Microsoft is planning to separate Windows Search from Cortana, a smart decision in my opinion. Cortana will eventually be able to move from the usual flyout into something called the Conversation Canvas, providing a more assistant-like experience with little to no content obstruction,” Albatross said in a series of tweets.

Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana Taskbar-in-Windows-10-19H1.jpg

As you can see in the screenshots above, the taskbar’s context menu will get additional options that would allow you to hide search icon.

Microsoft hasn’t officially confirmed these changes yet but more details will be shared in the coming days. According to Microsoft’s typical schedule, Windows 10 19H1 is projected to be finalized in the spring of 2019, so more improvements in this regard could be shipped in preview builds.

The post Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 19H1 will separate Windows Search from Cortana - Similar Threads - 19H1 separate Search

2. Is Cortana And the search bar Separate now ?

in Cortana
    Is Cortana And the search bar Separate now ?: I have bought a new laptop and I noticed that the search bar and the "Talk To Cortana" are separate. I wanted the cortana search bar but unfortunately i didn't get it plzz help out...
  3. Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Search and keeping Accounts separate: Hi, Id like to set Windows 10 up so that the personal files of one account are not accessible from the other accounts (at least not without the passcode), either by navigating to the relevant folder in windows explorer (ie going to the relevant hard drive, the users folder...
  4. cortana windows search

in Cortana
    cortana windows search: Since a couple days ago, my "type here to search" on my taskbar has not been working, the loading wheel comes up when I click on it but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-windows-search/8e7821f8-7570-4468-858e-cec84b74bf11
  5. Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search & Cortana not working in Windows 10.: From one day to another, windows search (also the search in the explorer) and cortana stop working. I tried these 5 solutiones but none work:...
  6. Cortana & Search all in window 10

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search all in window 10: Cortana & Search all in window 10 and it is very usefull too search voice and text both. Check this out for more info about search in window 10. Check this out also Online Agri Shop...
  7. Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working: After the Windows 10 update on March 12, 2019 last Tuesday, I noticed that the Cortana search is not working anymore. When I type some input letters on the Cortana search bar, Cortana only takes in and displays the first two letters I typed on the search bar every time. Then,...
  8. Cortana and search not working window 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and search not working window 10..: I am facing problems, and some of the inbuilt functions are also not functioning as expected. The Start Menu, Cortana and the Taskbar Search functions in Windows 10 operating system have been one of the most useful features that let me search any file without leaving the...
  9. Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search (Cortana) Not Working: Hi all So this is a well known issue with a magnitude of other users reporting it. I myself have experienced this on around 90% of all Windows 10 PC's I've worked on and configured/built so the problem is very prevalent and I'm at a loss to explain why this hasn't been...
  10. Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug: Hi guys. I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Worked flawlessly, even the activation (pretty proud of myself lol) but bit of a weird bug happens sometimes. If I left click on Search next to start bar, it will light up but not open. It will on the second click but just a bit...