Windows 10: Windows 10 2 Different Steam Games Won't Load

Discus and support Windows 10 2 Different Steam Games Won't Load in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! We have an Alienware m17 R3, 300Hz Intel Core i7, 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super, 1TB SSD. We purchased GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Steep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 2boymomNE, Feb 13, 2021.

1. 2boymomNE Win User

Windows 10 2 Different Steam Games Won't Load

Hi! We have an Alienware m17 R3, 300Hz Intel Core i7, 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super, 1TB SSD. We purchased GTA 5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Steep, Fallout 4, Beseige, CSGO and People Playground. Fallout 4 never worked. It plays the music but the screen stays black. Red Dead Redemption 2 played fine for two days. Now, it will go very far into the loading screens and the crash back into the Steam screen. I did some looking on-line and found suggestions to turn off windows defender real time protection and the firewall. Turn off overlays. A few other suggestions seem to be too old as when I tried to walk through the steps, they were not applicable options. All to no avail. These two games just will not work. I'm hesitant to spend more money on games because I don't really know which ones are just going to dead end like these two. I'd really like to just find a long term solution. I really did not see much else for solutions. I confirmed the latest drivers are installed. Any help would appreciated!
    Have a great day

:)

2boymomNE, Feb 13, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. pjhutch Win User
    Steam Games not working on windows 10

I also had a similar problem when upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and some Steam games failed to run properly.

The solution is simple, you need to verify the game file contents in the steam client to fix any issues found since the upgrade. To do this:

1. Load Steam Client

2. Click on Library

3. Select a game

4. Right click the game, select Properties

5. Click on Local Files tab

6. Select 'Verify integrity of Game Cache'

7. Wait for that to finish

8. Repeat steps 3-7 for other games

9. Try running the game again.

pjhutch, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 2 Different Steam Games Won't Load

Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 2 Different Steam Games Won't Load

1. Windows 10 2 Different Steam Games Won't Load - Similar Threads - Different Steam Games

2. Won't load online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't load online games: I have 2 hp computers running windows 11. One is 17" laptop and other is 22" all in one desktop. Suddenly for the last two weeks, I've been unable to play online games on both computers. I've tried chrome, edge and firefox having the same problem. I've rebooted and...
  3. Won't load online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't load online games: I have 2 hp computers running windows 11. One is 17" laptop and other is 22" all in one desktop. Suddenly for the last two weeks, I've been unable to play online games on both computers. I've tried chrome, edge and firefox having the same problem. I've rebooted and...
  4. Games won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games won't load: Not a single game on my computer will load suddenly. They were working early in the day and the only change I did was in windows security I noticed app and browser control was turned off and I turned it on....
  5. Game won't load or sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game won't load or sync: why won't Microsoft Ultimate Wordgame not want to sync... happens all the time. and uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes doesn't help. Often I do this and it won't even load after launch...
  6. Steam and other games won't download/work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam and other games won't download/work.: Hello dear redditors! I woukd require your help. My brother got a new PC and windows 10 enterprise on it. The thing is when he tries to download steam a error pops up saying "Please check your connection steam needs to be online to update." and when I try to download League...
  7. MS Zoo Tycoon 2 games on Steam?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Zoo Tycoon 2 games on Steam?: Has Microsoft considered bring the old Zoo Tycoon 2 games to Steam at all? They have loads of content availablefrom the expansion packs and they are still very playable as games. Just what with Frontier's new Planet Zoo game coming out in November these older games would be a...
  8. DirectX games won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX games won't load: hello, microsoft community. i have tried playing multiple games (team fortress 2, super meat boy, the end is nigh) and they have all failed to launch. this started occuring after a fresh install of windows i got when i was having issues with my wifi connection. i have...
  9. Steam games not launching on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching on Windows 10: Hi all, I'm having a problem when I try to launch Steam games, as whatever game I try to launch doesn't actually launch. A message comes up about the game "preparing to launch" but then nothing after that happens. Some games give me an error saying Steam is not running at...
  10. Steam pictures not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam pictures not loading: all pictures in steam are not loading. i can play online games just fine like TF2, but my profile pc, my friends profile pics, the achievements pictures etc arent loading and are just blank. [img] pls help 82470