Windows 10: Windows 10 2002 Not showing/connecting home WIFI

Discus and support Windows 10 2002 Not showing/connecting home WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Asus laptop got upgraded to Windows 10 2002 version. The Home WIFI is not showing up in the Wifi networks. Even after it does after adapter resets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaddyASUS, May 30, 2020.

1. MaddyASUS Win User

Windows 10 2002 Not showing/connecting home WIFI

My Asus laptop got upgraded to Windows 10 2002 version. The Home WIFI is not showing up in the Wifi networks. Even after it does after adapter resets it doesn't connect to that wifi Error: "Can't connect to this network.

This started happening after KB4556799 update. After the 2002 upgrade. I am not able to uninstall KB4556799.

:)

MaddyASUS, May 30, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 30, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 2002 Not showing/connecting home WIFI [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. Windows 10 2002 Not showing/connecting home WIFI

Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2002 Not showing/connecting home WIFI

1. Windows 10 2002 Not showing/connecting home WIFI - Similar Threads - 2002 showing connecting

2. Home WiFi showing up as Hidden Network, unable to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home WiFi showing up as Hidden Network, unable to connect: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro. My home WiFi suddenly disappeared and instead there is a hidden network which I assume is it but I can't connect to it. My home WiFi works fine on my other devices and my laptop connects fine with my mobile hotspot. I've tried...
  3. Home WiFi showing up as Hidden Network, unable to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home WiFi showing up as Hidden Network, unable to connect: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro. My home WiFi suddenly disappeared and instead there is a hidden network which I assume is it but I can't connect to it. My home WiFi works fine on my other devices and my laptop connects fine with my mobile hotspot. I've tried...
  4. Home WiFi showing up as Hidden Network, unable to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 not showing particular WiFi connection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 not showing particular WiFi connection.: I have an iMac late 2009 running windows 10. My home WiFi was connecting normally at first, but suddenly stopped showing that same WiFi connection. I can see all my neighbor's WiFi connections but not mine. However, sometimes it is shown, but most of the time its not. what...
  6. Wifi doesn't show Home's wifi but show neighbouring wifi(s)

Wifi doesn't show Home's wifi but show neighbouring wifi(s): Hi, it's been quite some time since i came here for help. But behold Microsoft didn't kept me long. So it's been 3 days since i'm experiencing this on my HP Laptop running Windows 10 20H2 build 19082.645. But 3 days ago i was running version 1909, and this problem was also...
  7. Cant connect to my home wifi in Windows 10.. It shows this x icon on my wifi..

Cant connect to my home wifi in Windows 10.. It shows this x icon on my wifi..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CreativeGamer03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ir4nky/cant_connect_to_my_home_wifi_in_windows_10_it/
  8. Cannot connect to home wifi

Cannot connect to home wifi: I've run through normal, basic troubleshooting steps: Restart the router (everything else in the house is still working) Turn airplane mode on and restart the laptop Tried the troubleshooting too nothing has worked, any ideas?! submitted by /u/Cinderhulk89 [link]...
  9. Not showing WiFi connection

Not showing WiFi connection: I am using hp laptop with windows 10 .The laptop can't get identify any WiFi networks.But it can connect through ethernet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-wifi-connection/d0653e48-49f9-433d-8611-a3bac0c4823b
  10. Home wifi connection

Home wifi connection: Im a little confused, my home wifi connection is set to Guest/Public with network discovery off and with file and printer sharing off. Shouldn't it be set to Private instead and with what on/off for network discovery and file/printer sharing? I don't really know, but I just...