Windows 10: Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue

Discus and support Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I have Windows 10 2004, 20H2. Chm files working in local path C:\share\file.chm. But in network path \\localhost\share\file.chm files not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sayan_vd, Apr 2, 2021.

1. sayan_vd Win User

Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue

Hello.

I have Windows 10 2004, 20H2. Chm files working in local path C:\share\file.chm. But in network path \\localhost\share\file.chm files not working opening is clear windows.

How to fixed this problem?

PS: The problem is similar in this thread, but without a solution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1607-chm-files-not-working-network/29ef050f-4b94-463d-b9e5-ff5225974196

:)

sayan_vd, Apr 2, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

can't open CHM file on win10

Hi xalspaero

Chm files should open in Windows 10 without any issue

Right click a chm file and choose Open with

Does Microsoft Help HTML Executable appear in the list?

If not, scroll down and click 'More Apps'

Again check for Microsoft Help HTML Executable, if that s not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC'

Navigate to find: C:\Windows\hh.exe

If that file does not exist, click the link below to download HTML Help Workshop and Documentation, which will contain hh.exe

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

DaveM121, Apr 2, 2021
  3. CHM not opening from network folder

Hello,

I can't find anything answer to my problem:

One user complained that he could not open CHM file.

Error:

Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue 97ebb69d-0345-4621-b90a-c7f30c19c782?upload=true.png

He mentioned, after vacation everything worked.

What I found:

.chm not opening from network folder, after copy this file on desktop, problem solved. But the person is working with much .chm document, and copy all uncomfortable.

What I tried:

• Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions MaxAllowedZone to 1;2;3;4
    • Create UrlAllowList in regedit.
    • Uninstall last installed windows updates.
    • Open from another (administrator) user on this pc.
    • Change location of .chm file f:\ g:\ and other mapped disk, or open path with ip: \\192.168.1.1\folder\file.chm
    • No "#" or "%" symbol in file name or path.
    • No choose "unblock" in properties.
    • Other computers with same windows from image, can open this file from network folder.
    Maybe you have more ideas? Thanks.

johnhurst2, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue - Similar Threads - 2004 20H2 chm

2. Not able to open chm file using windows services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to open chm file using windows services: Hi,I am using node code to open the chm file using exec. Using node as a service and try to open chm file is not working, it going to stdout but file is not displaying. If stop the service and open node in command line it will open the chm file.This functionality was working...
  3. Windows 10 version 20H2 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 version 20H2 2004: After installed ver 2004/20H2 the option to delay "Feature" downloading for up to 365 days, is no longer available. Checked in Group Policy but found no options there either....
  4. Problem accessing network folders with Windows 10 2004 or 20H2

Problem accessing network folders with Windows 10 2004 or 20H2: I’ve been sharing files using a password protected Synology Diskstation for over 10 years now without a problem, that is until Windows 10 2004 Feature Update was installed it’s the same with 20H2. Of my 4 PCs only one still works successfully and to achieve that I had to...
  5. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue: Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." Older Windows 10 versions 1909 and before, we do not have this...
  6. Windows 2004 and 20h2 installed but running on 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 2004 and 20h2 installed but running on 2004: Still running on 19041.804 Windows 2004 despite have 20H2 apparently installed according the system update but cannot find on control panel the KB related to the 20H2 installation package . Windows update is trying to install something but I'm having the message : "Error...
  7. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue: Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder/file with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." Desktop is joined to a domain. In Windows 7 & to the old windows...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing: We have many of the systems running with Windows 10 with the build 18363.1256, and with those builds, we don’t face any problem with the network mapped drives. When we connect either by LAN or Wireless, the internet explorer will work without any issues. The problem occurs...
  9. Windows 10 1607 chm files not working network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1607 chm files not working network: Hello. I have Windows 10 1607. Chm files working in local path (C:\share\file.chm). But in network path (\\localhost\share\file.chm) files not working (opening is clear windows). How to fixed this problem....
  10. .chm file opening problem

.chm file opening problem: I am trying to open a .chm file in Windows 10. I am only getting the menu on the left, see below [ATTACH] it should look like this with an index on the left and links on the right. Any one have a suggestion. [ATTACH]...