Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paulina Choo, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access denied. The shared resource was not created at this time."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Older Windows 10 versions 1909 and before, we do not have this issue. We just need to add the domain account as a member of Power User Group and they will be able to perform folder sharing on the local drives. However, for Windows 10 2004 and 20H2, we need to add the domain users as member of the Administrator Group before they can do the folder sharing which our company does not allow normal users having admin rights [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Anyone can provide any solution on what we can do to allow domain users without admin rights to perform the folder sharing on local C and D drives.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Thank you in advance.[/COLOR]

:)

Paulina Choo, Apr 21, 2021
  2. zerkerotz Win User

Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder/file with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." Desktop is joined to a domain. In Windows 7 & to the old windows 10 version prior to 2004, we can just resolved this error by just adding the domain user account to local group Power Users. But this trick doesn't works to this latest version of Win 10 unless you add the domain user account as a member of local group administrators which I believe not a good practice. Already did the folder take ownership procedure but still no success. Anyone have idea to what other thing to check or to try just to grant a domain user a right to share a folder/file to the network? Thanks in advance.

zerkerotz, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Morku Win User
    FIle History: Element not found when clean up old files since 2004/20H2

Hi,

this request is similiar to File History: Element Not Found Error on Windows 10 May 2004

Other then he say, an In-place Upgrade did not solve the issue (did from 2004 to 20H2).

I am using file history since it was introduced in Windows 8 and it was always working as expected until 2004 arrived.

This is my configuration:

• I am using a networkdrive connected with SMB, so the path to backup is \\diskstation\Sicherung ASRock
    • The NAS is is a Synology Diskstation DS218+
    • my settings are to backup every 1 hour (does work) and clean up files obsolote files automatically after 1 month (does not work anymore)
    • I am only backup folders from my D: drive (not the userfiles in the Default settings)
    So since file history does not delete files older than 1 month, when I want clean it manually, I get the "Element not found" error.

Troubleshooting steps:

• I stoped and enabled file history -> same issue
    • I deleted the file history files and start again -> same issue
    • I also delete all file history backup files and also reseted the file history with the help of that: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/54999-reset-file-history-default-windows-10-a.html -> same issue
    • Today I did the In-Place upgrade. I used the official 20H2 MVS ISO file, started again a new file history from beginning and tried the option again -> but it's the same issue
    So when we can expect a fix here?

No, I can't use the Feedback Hub, because it force me to enable Telemtry.

Morku, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

Windows 10 Sharing Issue

Hi Ennycloe,

There are several reasons why does other computers are unable to access your file from Windows 10. To make sure where this issue is coming from, we suggest that you run the built-in HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting on the Windows search box.
    • Click on View all which is located on the left pane.
    • Choose Home group and then Shared Folders.
    • Follow the on screen steps.

Let us know the results from the troubleshooter.

Janeane Cru, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

1. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue - Similar Threads - 2004 20H2 file

2. Windows 2004 Will Not Update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2004 Will Not Update to 20H2: My Lenovo thinkpad will absolutely refuse to update to Windows 20H2 and i've been stuck on 2004 for months and months, every attempt with the below error.I have tried updating as Domain Admin, Updating all drivers, Using the Windows upgrade tool to update, Disabled firewall...
  3. Windows 2004 Will Not Update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2004 Will Not Update to 20H2: My Lenovo thinkpad will absolutely refuse to update to Windows 20H2 and i've been stuck on 2004 for months and months, every attempt with the below error.I have tried updating as Domain Admin, Updating all drivers, Using the Windows upgrade tool to update, Disabled firewall...
  4. Windows 10 version 20H2 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 version 20H2 2004: After installed ver 2004/20H2 the option to delay "Feature" downloading for up to 365 days, is no longer available. Checked in Group Policy but found no options there either....
  5. Windows 2004 and 20h2 installed but running on 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 2004 and 20h2 installed but running on 2004: Still running on 19041.804 Windows 2004 despite have 20H2 apparently installed according the system update but cannot find on control panel the KB related to the 20H2 installation package . Windows update is trying to install something but I'm having the message : "Error...
  6. Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue: Hello. I have Windows 10 2004, 20H2. Chm files working in local path C:\share\file.chm. But in network path \\localhost\share\file.chm files not working opening is clear windows. How to fixed this problem? PS: The problem is similar in this thread, but without a...
  7. Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue

Windows 10 2004 and 20H2 file sharing issue: Anyone have an idea why in Windows 10 2004 & 20H2 , can't share folder/file with an error "An error occurred while trying to share <folder name>. Access denied. The shared resource was not created at this time." Desktop is joined to a domain. In Windows 7 & to the old windows...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing: We have many of the systems running with Windows 10 with the build 18363.1256, and with those builds, we don’t face any problem with the network mapped drives. When we connect either by LAN or Wireless, the internet explorer will work without any issues. The problem occurs...
  9. Windows 10 2004 Shared Experience issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 2004 Shared Experience issue: We have several machines having issues with Windows Shared Experiences. This started with Windows 10 2004. The user will be prompted to fix account. When this happens, a popup will display with a request for login. This popup loops multiple times and then just disappears....
  10. File Sharing after Windows 10 2004 update

File Sharing after Windows 10 2004 update: My Windows 10 desktop was recently updated to version 2004 OS build 19041. Since then the desktop and my Windows 10 laptop which has not been updated to version 2004 have been unable to share files over my wifi network as before. I've tried re-setting up the file sharing as...