Windows 10: Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords

Discus and support Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a client that has an older computer with version 2004 on it. Every time the computer is restarted, is erases every password in the browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TierOneTech, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords

I have a client that has an older computer with version 2004 on it.

Every time the computer is restarted, is erases every password in the browsers Chrome and Edge and the Windows Mail program.

I have verified that there is no setting selected that is telling the system to delete cookies or passwords or anything else.

I have reset both browsers to default, I have deleted all cookies to make sure it is not a corrupt series of cookies but nothing changes the system.

Every start up, every reboot, all passwords disappear.

I can go reset and save every password she has, reboot and all are gone.

Does anyone have any suggestions of possible causes and corrective actions?

Thank you!

:)

TierOneTech, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Dilbert Win User
    Windows Live Mail by Windows 7

Dear All,

Core i3 with Windows 7 Home. Recently swapped the HD
    due to crash & reinstalled Win 7 including WLM (Windows
    Live Mail). I encountered 3 problems while configuring
    my account & restoring the (previously exported) inbox.

1/ A family member of mine used my system to check his e-mail.
    To do this he created a second account in WLM in order to read
    his hotmail e-mail traffic. I have now deleted the account but
    when WLM is launched i repeatedly get a login window
    containing the details of the family member's e-mail address
    instead of my details. How can i clear this and make sure that
    when WLM is launched only my e-mail addres is visible?

2/ Mijn account is configured to remember its password,
    and enable immediate access of my mails.
    Despite of this i get a login window when WLM is started.
    When i fill out e-mailaddress & password and press enter
    the account is not recognised and WLM pretends that e-mail
    address or password are wrong. Nevertheless i can see the headers
    of my e-mails and if i close the login window i can also access & read
    the e-mails.. How can i remove the login window permanently?

3/ I'd like to disable the option "leave copy on server" Where can i find
    this option in WLM?

Thanks in advance,
    Dilbert

Dilbert, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords

1. Windows 10 2004, browsers and Windows Mail will not keep passwords - Similar Threads - 2004 browsers Mail

2. Windows 10 Mail app keeps changing my password to the wrong password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app keeps changing my password to the wrong password: This question has come up before with 100's of confirmations, but no real answers from Microsoft. These people including myself need a fix, pronto. The mail settings stores the wrong password and cannot access mail....
  3. Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers keep freezing on Windows 10: For the last few days both Edge and Chrome keep freezing, it happens randomly - sometimes every few seconds and sometimes once or twice an hour. There is no error message they just stop responding and I have to shut down the process in Task Manager. I have tried running...
  4. Browsers keep on crashing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers keep on crashing on Windows 10: My browsers were smoothly functioning before. For additional info, I have listed my pc specs below. PC SPECS: Intel 7 6th gen processor, 16 gb ram, gtx 960 graphics card, 2tb hdd. I don't know what happened but 2 days ago, my chrome crashed. I thought it was just a one time...
  5. Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Windows keep on popping out for password since upgraded to ver 2004: Hello, Before I upgraded this Win10 version to ver 2004, whenever I added an email account regardless own domain, Gmail, etc, i only needed to enter the password ONCE only and it will be "SAVED" in the mail client in my PC. I knew this because I didn't need to keep on...
  6. Windows 10 2004 and Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 and Windows Live Mail: Today, my PC updated to version 2004 and now Windows Live Mail which has worked well until now shows existing mail but will not send or receive new email. How can I fix this? I can temporarily read my email on the web but would like to be able to download it....
  7. Browsers forget passwords since 2004 update

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers forget passwords since 2004 update: Issue is the subject line. Since recently allowing my computer to install 2004, my browsers, primarily Opera and Vivaldi, tend to not remember passwords to commonly used sites. These are just generic sites like dpreview that I visit every day. I retype my passwords, they seem...
  8. Windows 10 2004 login and password problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 2004 login and password problems: After upgrading to Windows 10 2004 programs that work with logins and passwords are forgetting the logins and passwords. Skype, Outlook, web pages, etc...... How can I fix this problem?...
  9. WINDOWS 10 2004,SENT MAIL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 2004,SENT MAIL: When I now send emails,then look for them in sent folder ,not there,can sometimes find in spam,I know that they do go out and arrive,I believe that this now a common problem with Mail app,is there any news that Microsoft are sorting it out?,or has someone out there got a...
  10. windows mail password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows mail password: I have decided to use the windows mail 10 and I stated to define my mails I have 2 mail providers - gmail and thru bezeqint.net I have easily set the gmail, however, any time I set the bezeqint.net account' I found my 6 digits password is changed to a 16 one and therefore...