Windows 10: windows 10 2004 build - still having issues with no internet connection when openvpn is...

Discus and support windows 10 2004 build - still having issues with no internet connection when openvpn is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Having this issue randomly on all our business lenovo laptops. Seems to only have been a noticeable issue since the 2004 build update. When VPN is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1pezza, Aug 5, 2020.

1. 1pezza Win User

windows 10 2004 build - still having issues with no internet connection when openvpn is...

Hi, Having this issue randomly on all our business lenovo laptops. Seems to only have been a noticeable issue since the 2004 build update. When VPN is connected WiFi taskbar icon becomes a globe and shows no internet access even though it does have connection. This isn't a massive issue until using various software outlook wont display images due to no internet connection for example, lenovo vantage will not load as it thinks there is no connection. i noticed there is a patch for 1909 but cant run this on 2004 build, does anyone else have this issue? cheers

:)

1pezza, Aug 5, 2020
  2. WX730 Win User

Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN

I have an HP computer which from time to time displays a no internet connection icon even though there is actually an active connection. This only happens when OpenVPN is running and connected. Disconnecting the OpenVPN may suddenly change the network
    status icon back to "connected". It looks like OpenVPN may somtimes confuse the Network Connectivity Status Indicator.

This never happened until the recent upgrade to the 2004 version of Windows 10 back in May, so I suspect it's a bug in the 2004 version? When the system doesn't believe it's connected to the internet, I am not able to use Office 365 or Microsoft Store even
    if there is actually a connection. It seems Microsoft has not addressed or fixed this annoying issue. Does anyone have a workaround?

WX730, Aug 5, 2020
  3. OpenVPN Server / Internet Connection Sharing / Routing / IPV6

I'm trying to get an openvpn server running on windows 10 (pro), version 1607. It's working for ipv4, but not ipv6. I'm specifically trying to get it working with ipv4 and ipv6 to test for a problem with openvpn. I'm testing with ipv6-test.com and test-ipv6.com. The client and the server are connecting and both ipv4 and ipv6 are working between the client and the server (the client can ping server), but I can't get any ipv6 traffic to pass through the server.

I'm wondering about internet connection sharing. There don't appear to be any specific ICS settings that relate to this issue. Alternatively, it could be routing.

Any suggestions?

bimmerdriver, Aug 5, 2020
  4. windows 10 2004 build - still having issues with no internet connection when openvpn is...

OpenVPN connected. No DNS resolution

ISSUE

OpenVPN is getting connected. But sites are not resolved

DESCRIPTION

Our organization have an OpenVPN Neth server with limted server and site access. Some Windows 10 Pro machines are able to access the servers and sites after connecting to the VPN server, some are getting connected but have DNS resolution issues. We are not
    able to access anything from those machines. There are no issues with other OS too.

ERROR

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

WHAT I HAVE TRIED

• Tried access with different web browsers.
    • Cleared browser cookies and data
    • Changed DNS in network adaptor settings
    • Flushed DNS
    Are there any fixes for this issue?

Ananthram.E.S, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 2004 build - still having issues with no internet connection when openvpn is...

1. windows 10 2004 build - still having issues with no internet connection when openvpn is... - Similar Threads - 2004 build still

2. When switching user, is the internet still connected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When switching user, is the internet still connected?: Hi everyone,I am trying to set up Trading terminal with another Microsoft user on the same computer. - When switching users, is the internet connection still active on the previous user?- When switching users, is your app still working on the previous user?Thank you for your...
  3. When switching user, is the internet still connected?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When switching user, is the internet still connected?: Hi everyone,I am trying to set up Trading terminal with another Microsoft user on the same computer. - When switching users, is the internet connection still active on the previous user?- When switching users, is your app still working on the previous user?Thank you for your...
  4. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi all. So Build 2004 was just Force pushed onto my PC. I didn't click on it to get it, it was automatic. I tried this update back when if first came out and I had MANY of the same issues then as I have now. 1. Broken Sound 2. Cortana being brokenworked fine before, 2004...
  5. Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 build 2004 bluetooth issues: Hi! Does anybody know if there is already a hotfix to resolve bluetooth issue that a lot of people are having? I have 2 computers running Windows 10 2004 that have similar issues, 2 headphones with audio problems cutting, lagging and 1 bluetooth mouse that loses...
  6. w10 2004 build, very sporadic connectivity issues

w10 2004 build, very sporadic connectivity issues: greetings, to start, i will detail my current hardware. ryzen 7 3800x, asus prime x-570 pro, 128gb ddr4 ram, asus rtx 2060 super 8gb, tp-link gigabit pci-e network adapter model TG-3468. my ethernet network consists of cat 7 copper flat cables, the switch is a netgear...
  7. Windows 10 Build 2004 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 issues: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  8. Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 2004 issues with dnsapi.dll: Hello, We have an issue possibly specific to a GPO in our environment that causes issues with the dnsapi.dll library in build 2004. The behavior that happens after a domain join computer is freshly imaged with 2004 or is updated from a previous version is that if there is...
  9. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi Everyone, I've updated my Windows 10 to Build 2004 yesterday & encountered some issues till now: Windows crashes & Blue Screen shows up once cam is turned on Skype or other App. Power Saver doesn't turn on when selecting from Side Bar, I've to press Battery Icon & select...
  10. OpenVPN Server / Internet Connection Sharing / Routing / IPV6

OpenVPN Server / Internet Connection Sharing / Routing / IPV6: I'm trying to get an openvpn server running on windows 10 (pro), version 1607. It's working for ipv4, but not ipv6. I'm specifically trying to get it working with ipv4 and ipv6 to test for a problem with openvpn. I'm testing with ipv6-test.com and test-ipv6.com. The client...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 2004 vpn no internet