Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing the 2004 update, my PC to a hault it seems mostly when alt+tabbing but it could also be 32-bit compatibility. Windows updates really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MK0825, Jun 19, 2020.

1. MK0825 Win User

Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes

After installing the 2004 update, my PC to a hault it seems mostly when alt+tabbing but it could also be 32-bit compatibility. Windows updates really are a disaster

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600

16gb DDR4-3200

240 GB Kingston SATA SSD

500 GB 7200 RPM HDD

SAPPHIRE RX 570 4GB

:)

MK0825, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Windows 10 random freeze

Hi,

Did you make any changes recently to the computer which may have led to random freeze?

Random hangs are often due to damage to the Windows configuration, faulty hardware, or malware. However, because this behavior is random, it can be especially difficult to identify the proper cause.

Random hangs can also be caused by other faulty hardware. Consult with your PC manufacturer to run available hardware diagnostics. This could include:

• PC diagnostics that test the integrity of the core PC devices, such as the processor fans and cooling system
    • Video and display diagnostics
    • Additional hard drive diagnostics

I would request you to perform SFC scan(if you have not tried it) and then check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files
    and restore corrupted files.

To know about SFC and to perform a SFC Scan, please refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please revert if you still face the random hang.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes

1. Windows 10 2004 Causing Random Freezes - Similar Threads - 2004 Causing Random

2. Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will randomly freeze and restart, noting causes it.: Computer will randomly freeze and restart and from what I can tell nothing causes it. I have ran event viewer to find a reoccurring error.... A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type:...
  3. Random Freezes on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes on Windows 10 2004: Good day everyone, I'm here to ask if anyone has some idea about what's going on with my system. I've been working around the issue since yesterday and seems I've found some interesting info about it, but, I haven't been able to fix it yet. My system specs are: Asrock...
  4. Windows 10 ver 2004 freezes

Windows 10 ver 2004 freezes: Since installing windows 10 pro ver 2004 my computer has been freezing up at the oddest times. It just hangs with no controls and I have to manually turn the computer off and then on again. Sometimes it will freeze up again sometimes not. WTH?...
  5. Windows 2004 freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 2004 freezing: I have been running 2004 since it came out with no problems but tonight I was scrolling Firefox (79) and the PC froze. Mouse would still move but nothing on the desktop would respond, scrolling stopped and keyboard was not responsive either just mouse cursor. Anyone else had...
  6. windows 10 2004 freezes a lot.

windows 10 2004 freezes a lot.: I installed the windows 10 2004, 4 days ago and since then it keeps freezing randomly I cannot operate at this time at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Windows 10 home version 2004 Os build 19041.329...
  7. Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.: I decided to do a complete fresh install of windows using a bootable usb drive removing all the data from the hard disk. But since then I have done 8-9 fresh installation of windows 10 2004 and I am encountering issue in which it freezes completely after 10-15 min and...
  8. Windows 10 2004 freezes

Windows 10 2004 freezes: I had done fresh installation of windows 10 2004 and after installation windows boot and freeze on desktop screen. After this i had restarted my pc and after rhis pc pc useless sonce it was stucked in automatic repair...
  9. Windows 10 version 2004 Randomly freezes

Windows 10 version 2004 Randomly freezes: windows 10 version 2004 which is the latest feature update, freezes randomly. if anyone knows how to fix it please help its victims. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-randomly-freezes/e00c8810-b5e8-4d7e-a116-4ee0efe613f6
  10. Random logons cause PC to freeze

Random logons cause PC to freeze: Hey everyone, My PC has been suffering from a lot of freezing lately. Every ~2 minutes the pc freezes for ~20 seconds, and as you can tell, it's VERy annoying to say the least. During a movie it can freeze up to 10 times (when playing games and watching stuff the PC doesn't...