Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 latest updates problem

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 latest updates problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear All, I have just updated to the latest Windows 10 2004. My old version is Windows 10 1909. Currently, Windows Update encountered error while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emonchan5, Jun 10, 2020.

1. emonchan5 Win User

Windows 10 2004 latest updates problem

Dear All,

I have just updated to the latest Windows 10 2004. My old version is Windows 10 1909. Currently, Windows Update encountered error while trying to update Intel Display Driver (Intel HD graphic 620). Scenario attached.
    Windows Update keep trying to install the driver although driver is already installed. Please help?

:)

emonchan5, Jun 10, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 latest updates problem

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 latest updates problem

1. Windows 10 2004 latest updates problem - Similar Threads - 2004 latest updates

2. Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest: I just want to ask how long will windows update take if I update my windows 10 with a ssd, because my pc has a fresh windows installed and my pc needs to update the windows, I checked what version my windows 10 is and it is 2004....
  3. Update Problem Windows 10 2004

Update Problem Windows 10 2004: Hi Community! I have a problem with the updates. When I click update it says Cannot connect to the update server. May I know why is this happening? Is there a workaround anyway? Sorry for my bad english as this is not my native language. Shukraan lakum!...
  4. Problem updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem updating to Windows 10 2004: When i try to update from Update Center it all goes right until the machine starts rebooting and it freezes after the first reboot and it remains on a black screen after seeing the logo boot. Anyone had these problem? And should I add some other informations to my question?...
  5. Windows 10 2004 update problem

Windows 10 2004 update problem: The last weeks i am trying to update to Windows 10 2004. Current version is Windows 10 1909 Enterprise The problem is it keeps reverting the update because something went wrong. setuperr.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkoYG9N1rhczmSCqzamgGVsKy-0L?e=IlGtjd setupact.log...
  6. LATEST UPDATE WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 HOME

LATEST UPDATE WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 HOME: MICROSOFT: WHY DID U DO THIS? THIS IS AN UGLY-**** UPDATE 2004. HORRIBLE UGLY **** SCREEN. GLARING WHITE TASKBAR JUMPS OUT AND IMMEDIATELY HAS A FEELING OF HATE. WHERE IS MY BLACK TASKBAR???????!!!!!!! CHANGE IT BACK. I **** HATE IT....
  7. Windows 10, 2004 update problems

Windows 10, 2004 update problems: submitted by /u/TheDarijus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwszcq/windows_10_2004_update_problems/
  8. Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update

Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update: I recently installed the latest MS Win10 version 2004 update. It seems to be very slow loading, running, even Edge takes nearly 1 full minute to load. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?...
  9. Windows 10 update 2004 problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update 2004 problems: The Win10 2004 update went thru the night before last/yesterday morning. Now have noticed my Iolo System Mechanic program that I paid for is gone from my computer. Are others missing files/programs? Is this a known problem with the latest update? I'm reading that others...
  10. Latest win10 update (2004)

Latest win10 update (2004): So just finished downloading the update through windows website cuz I disabled automatic updates a while ago and couldn't remember how to restore it since I need to use Adobe software and it won't work without a newer windows version but I just found my very first bug (which...