Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I installed the 2004 update for Windows 10, then shut down and went to bed. This morning I fired up my PC and started Firefox, only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sven_of_the_Dog, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.

Last night I installed the 2004 update for Windows 10, then shut down and went to bed.

This morning I fired up my PC and started Firefox, only to find that it had slowed down to the point that it was unuseable. Most of my bookmarked sites (YouTube, Outlook, Reddit etc.,) would not load and I evwntually got Facebook to load a couple of posts, but it just would not load the rest of the page. However, my online games worked fine, so that ruled out an internet connection problem.

So I reverted back to 1909 and now everything is back to normal.

Has anyone else had this problem or know if there is a fix for it?

submitted by /u/Sven_of_the_Dog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sven_of_the_Dog, Jun 17, 2020

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 17, 2020
  3. JimWynne Win User
    WINDOWS 10 VS FIREFOX

If you were turned on to Firefox 25 years ago, it was about 13 years before the first official release of the browser in 2004. If you're suggesting that FF isn't compatible with Windows 10, you're wrong. I'm using it right now.

JimWynne, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.

1. Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable. - Similar Threads - 2004 made Firefox

2. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  3. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  4. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Firefox Portable unusable: How to Fix the “Firefox Is Already Running” Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox Portable unusable: How to Fix the “Firefox Is Already Running” Error: [ATTACH] Hi there I have a very annoying problem with Firefox Portable from portableapps.com. I have the latest available version as of today, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8GB RAM notebook, all Windows updates installed. Because I had many tabs + 2, 3 windows open when I...
  6. Windows update made computer unusable

Windows update made computer unusable: Windows did an update last night and now I can't use the computer. It will start with the splash screen of the computer name then say it is "diagnosing your PC" then goes to a blue screen that says "Automatic repair" saying it did not start correctly and gives the option to...
  7. Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Windows 10 2004 build made my laptop unusable: Some of the issues I encountered are Not being able to browse. The browser, any browser, would not respond. I uninstalled all 3rd party browsers (Chrome, Brave, Opera and Firefox) in the hope that Edge or IE would be better. But it only made it worse. I just couldn't...
  8. Firefox and Windows 10 2004

Firefox and Windows 10 2004: Firefox under Windows 10 has always been a RAM hog...but in 2004, they take it to a new level. TWICE NOW Firefox has used 2000+MB of RAm for my usual amount of tabs Gmail Google Calendar Outlook (School email) Pocket Discord Telegram Android Messages YouTube Reddit extra...
  9. Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix?

Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix?: PC Specs:Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.40GHzRAM: 16.0 GBMotherboard: ASUSTeK P8Z77-VGraphics: AMD Radeon R9 390 Issue:I finally updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My mouse now lags so much, the PC is unusable for work or gaming (or really anything). I know it is not the...
  10. Windows update made PC unuseable

Windows update made PC unuseable: I have a HP Pavilion 500-319na PC which was 'born' September 2014, so not 5 years old yet. Its spec is not bad, i5-4460 cpu and nvidia graphics, it shipped with Windows 10 64-bit home version. I had problems with previous windows updates, but the most recent one has killed...