Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 no display dimming before off

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 no display dimming before off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed on version 2004 the screen no longer dims 10 seconds before it switches off. This is really annoying. It's just like the old XP now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aenfa, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Aenfa Win User

Windows 10 2004 no display dimming before off

I have noticed on version 2004 the screen no longer dims 10 seconds before it switches off. This is really annoying. It's just like the old XP now. First they disabled fading and now they have disabled dimming. Is it possible at all to get the dimming back?

:)

Aenfa, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), Oct 28, 2020
  4. bobah083 Win User

display dimming

I recently bought amoled tv LG 55 c6v. Windows now dims display after some very short period of inactivity. Regular "shut off display after 10 min" is not affected.

Problem is - it only counts mouse clicks as activity, and not even all of them, could not figure out the pattern.

And time before dimming is very short, like 1-2 minutes.

So, while i type the message in some forum(my browser is chrome, just in case), it dims the display. Annoying as hell.

Some apps also forbid the dimming, like movie-player or games.

There is no display dimming options in my "advanced power settings".

the question is - how to disable the dimming?

bobah083, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 2004 no display dimming before off - Similar Threads - 2004 display dimming

2. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. screen dimming on and off

screen dimming on and off: Hi,My screen keeps dimming and and off. I don't see any option to change adaptive brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming-on-and-off/a2a2e154-4f75-4d78-925b-51d0111f4c92
  6. Windows 10 How to dim display

Windows 10 How to dim display: Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the same brightness as my active screen at night. The old "dim after" power settings under display no longer exist.[ATTACH]...
  7. Worry Before Updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Worry Before Updating to Windows 10 2004: Hey everyone at Microsoft Community, My Laptop is all set to update to 2004 Version of Windows 10 and I got the Update alert on the first day of it's release. But I am postponing it since that day because after reading many articles about the update, that it has many new...
  8. Display turning off or going dim after being Idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turning off or going dim after being Idle: This has just recently started happening and i've noticed it only happens if i'm idle while playing games. I have my laptop set to never sleep or hibernate. I have screen saver off. The display doesn't always just go to a black screen sometimes it'll just dim until I move the...
  9. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  10. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off: This has been the bane of many a user. I found a solution that worked with my Alienware Laptop, but I don't claim it to be a universal fix. There is a dimming feature linked to the camera. It is designed to dim the screen to off when you walk away from the computer as a...