Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I've just completed the Windows 10 2004 upgrade and I have noticed 2 issues. 1. When I manually trim my SSD in the drive defrag/optimize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GKD_799, May 29, 2020.

1. GKD_799 Win User

Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

Hi all

I've just completed the Windows 10 2004 upgrade and I have noticed 2 issues.

1. When I manually trim my SSD in the drive defrag/optimize tool in windows and I reboot it says 'never optimized' when i go back. I heard this was a bug in insider preview which they obviously didn't fix.

2. I happened to have the defrag/optimize tool open at the same time as Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance, I initiated a manual maintenance and I caught windows defragging my SSD and then it trimmed it straight afterwards. If i click the optimize button in defrag/optimize tool it only trims it and not defrag.

This seem to only happen when Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance initiates its automatic maintenance or if I select start maintenance.

This is concerning as it should never attempt to defrag an SSD.

My laptop is only a few months old and came with a PCIe SSD and Windows 10 1909 so there is no compatibility or lack of trim support issues obviously.

I have disabled scheduled weekly optimizations in the defrag/optimize tool which prevents it from attempting to defrag when the control penal maintenance attempts its maintenance when the computer is idle.

I want to let everyone know that this is happening so others are aware. My other computers that have the latest update are also doing it. Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug c3ce8ce2-2aa7-418e-8e3c-6ec30b55b3b5?upload=true.png

:)

GKD_799, May 29, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, May 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

1. Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug - Similar Threads - 2004 optimization defrag

2. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  3. Defragment and Optimization Tool

Defragment and Optimization Tool: Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  4. Can't disable SSD defrag bug in Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable SSD defrag bug in Windows 10 2004: Hello. So I have a laptop with this new version of Windows 10, and it only has one SSD unit (C:), so when I try to choose which units should not defrag automatically, it doesn't let me save my changes, as it's the only unit. https://imgur.com/a/oACqyLj 4 screenshots of the...
  5. Drive optimization bug, windows 10 2004(Build 1904.329)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drive optimization bug, windows 10 2004(Build 1904.329): Under optimize and defrag drive it shows it Never run and Needs optimization. Is there any current workaround ? submitted by /u/balthazar_brat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hb9zxi/drive_optimization_bug_windows_10_2004build/
  6. Windows 10 2004 - Defrag/Trim Bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 2004 - Defrag/Trim Bug: Hello everybody, Windows 10 2004 still has the bug, that the data about the time of the last operation and the current status are not saved. In some forums I have read, that therefore the planned optimization should be disabled, otherwise Windows would run it after every...
  7. Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug

Windows 10 version 2004 disk optimization bug: There is a bug in windows 10 v2004 19041.153, If you use disk optimization tool and optimize drivers, after a while closing optimization tool it resest situation of drivers and shows as needs optimization every time. [ATTACH]...
  8. Defrag and Optimize

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959
  9. Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!: I really think MS should come up with a better way to put these two Disk Defragmenting and Optimizing into they're own seperate location that is meant for the different drive that users have on they're computer like put the Disk Defragmantation in the Hard disk drive location...
  10. Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10: How to: Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10 How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to help optimize the different types of drives that PCs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2004 scheduled optimization

2. windows 10 2004 forgets defrag/optimize

3. is there a defrag and optimize in windows 2004?

4. windows 10 2004 defrag error