Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 partition problems

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 partition problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All I have a problem with imaging and partitions on Windows 10, up until version 2004 whenever I have installed windows to create a new image the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John J Rhodes, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 partition problems

Hi All

I have a problem with imaging and partitions on Windows 10, up until version 2004 whenever I have installed windows to create a new image the partitions have always been created like below by default.

RecoveryWRE > SystemESP > MSRMRP > WindowsMBD

But now all of a sudden with version 2004 it creates the default partitions like this.

SystemESP > MSRMRP > WindowsMBD > RecoveryWRE

This is causing us a big problem now as it means we can no longer extend the final windows partition to be the entire remaining space on the disk as the recovery partition is in the way. We are using Zenworks for imaging and the script we use to automatically set the partitions is thissee below, is there any way to tell windows to install the partitions the old way? This would save us a hell of a lot of messing around editing our script as it means having to try and calculate the size f the partition and create the 3rd partition to that size.

img -pc1 -type=ntfs -size=450 -guid=WRE
    img -pc2 -type=fat32 -size=100 -guid=ESP
    img -pc3 -type=1 -size=16 -guid=MRP
    img -pc4 -type=ntfs -guid=MBD

This used to create all the partitions on our image in the right place and size so we could then tell the windows partition to take all the remaining space.

We are using the Windows 10 Education Edition ISO from the volume licensing service centre, and I have always just installed windows from scratch to create our images.

Does anyone know anything that could help us fix this problem?

Thanks,

John

:)

John J Rhodes, Aug 10, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 2004 partition problems

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 partition problems

1. Windows 10 2004 partition problems - Similar Threads - 2004 partition problems

2. Update Problem Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Problem Windows 10 2004: Hi Community! I have a problem with the updates. When I click update it says Cannot connect to the update server. May I know why is this happening? Is there a workaround anyway? Sorry for my bad english as this is not my native language. Shukraan lakum!...
  3. Problem updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem updating to Windows 10 2004: When i try to update from Update Center it all goes right until the machine starts rebooting and it freezes after the first reboot and it remains on a black screen after seeing the logo boot. Anyone had these problem? And should I add some other informations to my question?...
  4. WindowsRE partition size in Windows 10 2004

WindowsRE partition size in Windows 10 2004: Hello, how big is WindowsRE partition size when clean installing Windows 10 2004 with GPT partition scheme? Regards. 166022
  5. Windows 10 2004 update problem

Windows 10 2004 update problem: The last weeks i am trying to update to Windows 10 2004. Current version is Windows 10 1909 Enterprise The problem is it keeps reverting the update because something went wrong. setuperr.log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkoYG9N1rhczmSCqzamgGVsKy-0L?e=IlGtjd setupact.log...
  6. Windows 10 2004 problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 2004 problems: I updated my windows to the 2004 version a week ago. It worked fine for two days and after the it stopped connecting to the internet. When i connect to the wifi it shows no internet access and my laptop stops working properly. the system works fine when I i do not connect to...
  7. windows 10 2004 problem with explorer.

windows 10 2004 problem with explorer.: Hello! I've just updated to windows 10 2004 64 bit. system is installed on SSD. After starting PC try to launch explorer. And it started after 15 minutes. So i try to start PS-admin shell, through clicking RMB on start button. And same problem. Try to open context menu on...
  8. Windows 10, 2004 update problems

Windows 10, 2004 update problems: submitted by /u/TheDarijus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwszcq/windows_10_2004_update_problems/
  9. Windows 10 update 2004 problems

Windows 10 update 2004 problems: The Win10 2004 update went thru the night before last/yesterday morning. Now have noticed my Iolo System Mechanic program that I paid for is gone from my computer. Are others missing files/programs? Is this a known problem with the latest update? I'm reading that others...
  10. Problems with chkdsk Windows 10 2004

Problems with chkdsk Windows 10 2004: When I execute chkdsk /f for drive C: (system) upon reboot it never scans. It just counts down, says "scanning and repairing drive", then after a pause, it continues to windows. It doesn't actually show it scanning. On a rare occasion when it does scan it does not reboot...