Windows 10: Windows 10 - 2004 Pin to Start issues

Discus and support Windows 10 - 2004 Pin to Start issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run a small computer repair shop .. and have installed Windows 10 version 2004 clean on a number of computers recently. And every one of them has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KatFishGR, Jul 31, 2020.

1. KatFishGR Win User

Windows 10 - 2004 Pin to Start issues

I run a small computer repair shop .. and have installed Windows 10 version 2004 clean on a number of computers recently. And every one of them has problems with pinning items to the start menu. These are clean installs with current updates. This should not be an issue.

First, its the "A great app is on its way" icon for half of the default tiles. Once in a blue moon, that will clear itself up. Most of the time, I remove those tiles and then try to pin new tiles. New tiles will pin, but they cannot be moved and they pin on top of others. Trying to move the tile, it just snaps back to where it was, or makes a copy of itself and then there are two. It's a wonky mess Microsoft. Please fix it.

:)

KatFishGR, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Pin HTML file to Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can pin the website to Start

• Open the web site and click on (…)
    • Click on pin to start

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Pin NY Times to Windows 10 Start

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to NY Times application?
    • How are you accessing NY times (Via online or via App)?
    • What exactly happens when you try to perform the above mentioned steps to pin application to Start?

I suggest you to refer to the below article about Pin applications to Start menu and check if it helps.

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - 2004 Pin to Start issues

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - 2004 Pin to Start issues

1. Windows 10 - 2004 Pin to Start issues - Similar Threads - 2004 Pin Start

2. Windows 10 - 2004 Color issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - 2004 Color issues: My PC was updated last night to 2004. Now, the body of all windows I open in Windows Explorer and in apps like Thunderbord are black with white type. I've adjusted all other colors, but cannot find a way to return the black to the white it's always been. Help!...
  3. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi all. So Build 2004 was just Force pushed onto my PC. I didn't click on it to get it, it was automatic. I tried this update back when if first came out and I had MANY of the same issues then as I have now. 1. Broken Sound 2. Cortana being brokenworked fine before, 2004...
  4. Windows 10 update 2004 issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 2004 issue.: Anybody else have this issue and have been able to fix it? Since I upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004, when I press any icon or program, and have my browser open, the program or file goes to the background and not the foreground. Any ideas? This only happens when I open an...
  5. WIndows 10 2004 update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 2004 update Issue: I have 2 PCs, a laptop on windows 10 1903 and a surface Pro 6 on windows 10 1909. I tried updating my Surface Pro 6 to windows 10 2004. After the update I realized the hard disk had 30GB less space on it, Going from 80gb to 50gb free. Now, my Laptop had previously been backed...
  6. Windows 10 Build 2004 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 issues: Anyone good with windows? I just installed Windows 10 build 2004 so i could enable ray tracing in warcraft and when playing the frames are all jacked with or without ray tracing and this was for wow and a few other games I play! i disabled vysnc enabled vysnc i turned off...
  7. 2004 update Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update Start menu issue: Since updating to ver 2004, my start menu crashes when i select anything other then the pinned shortcuts. I have also noticed that the Win+v clipboard history tool no longer works, as well as the ablity to hit the Win key and start typing to search for something, it only...
  8. Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Build 2004 Issues: Hi Everyone, I've updated my Windows 10 to Build 2004 yesterday & encountered some issues till now: Windows crashes & Blue Screen shows up once cam is turned on Skype or other App. Power Saver doesn't turn on when selecting from Side Bar, I've to press Battery Icon & select...
  9. Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Version 2004 Issues: After I installed Windows 10 Version 2004, it was really buggy across all of my computers including my new Laptop. So I reverted back to 1909, and my HP desktop wasn't so fortunate to get back up and running from the restore. I had to do an HP System Recovery. But one issue...
  10. Windows 10 Version-2004 ---start button issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Version-2004 ---start button issue: Hi , I am unable to open start menu , it is not responding forLeft click whereas it is responding for Right Click. I created an Local account and it is working fine in the New Account, I need this to be fixed in my Old Admin account. I tried searching for TileDataLayer...