Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Adewi0 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adewi0, Nov 19, 2020.

1. /u/Adewi0 Win User

Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency

/u/Adewi0, Nov 19, 2020
  2. syndiate Win User

Windows 10: High DPC latency (ndis.sys)

Recently, my audio has been crackling and popping and glitching, and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I tried everything. Until I found out that my DPC latency was dangerously high. I ran it through the DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon, and
    apparently the problem was "ndis.sys". I've literally tried EVERYTHING. Here's a list of what I've done to resolve this problem:

• Updating drivers
    • Changing the power plan
    • Disabling the dynamic ticking
    • Updating the graphics cards drivers
    • Disabling Firewall
    • Disabling IPv6
    • Uninstalling Bonjour
    • Disabling Energy Efficient Ethernet
    • Disabling/re-enabling drivers
    • Adding PerfLevelSrc, PowerMizerEnable, PowermizerLevel, and PowermizerLevelAC values to Registry Editor
    • Uninstalling antivirus software
    • Modifying the "Start" value in the Registry Editor's value to 4
    UPDATE: Recently, the DPC latency has declined, which is good, however it still sometimes has latency-spikes and I still don't have proper DPC latency.

COMPUTER SPECS:

Computer Model: Dell Inspiron 3668

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @3.90 GhZ 3.91 GhZ

RAM: 8 GB

Graphics Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Audio Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio

DPC latency (updated):

Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency 6239bb93-1397-49f9-815d-6b930532b8f4?upload=true.png

syndiate, Nov 19, 2020
  3. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

Hi thanks, yes I did go through all of those articles and have gone through their recommended actions in an attempt to resolve this (summarized in my list of things I've tried) as well as basic sound functionality as you mention. I have started several
    times from a clean Windows 10 install, with various builds tried. This is a more a more fundamental issue with the way that ACPI.sys impacts DPC latency on essentially all Windows notebooks. This impacts users of audio recording software, high-end gamers,
    and other users with latency-sensitive applications.

MatthewVilleneuve, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency

High DPC Latency causes extremely sound stuttering!

Hi, I've got the same problem. Just look at this:

Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency [​IMG]

Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency [​IMG]

I tried everything, literally EVERYTHING and the only way to fix it (at least for me) is a SYSTEM RESTART! This must be a Windows thing, because on Linux everything works perfectly.
    So now the question: is it possible a TV connected via an HDMI cable to the PC can cause this to Windows?

bugreporter, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency

1. Windows 10 2004 popping sound problem - high latency - Similar Threads - 2004 popping sound

2. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks: Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services and starts- bought a new soundcard- Updated Bios and changed CPU Power- and a lot more things i can't even rememberOnly...
  3. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks: Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services and starts- bought a new soundcard- Updated Bios and changed CPU Power- and a lot more things i can't even rememberOnly...
  4. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops: Hello,I'm asking for help with my computer. I have audio pops and cracklings, with a small persistent background noise which really looks like interferencies I hear it louder when I move my mouse. I am using a headset wired with jack 3.5 cable, so I hear the interferences,...
  6. High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High latency problems causing audio cracklings and pops: Hello,I'm asking for help with my computer. I have audio pops and cracklings, with a small persistent background noise which really looks like interferencies I hear it louder when I move my mouse. I am using a headset wired with jack 3.5 cable, so I hear the interferences,...
  7. High DPC latency causing audio pops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC latency causing audio pops: Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers...
  8. Windows 10 High Latency and other problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 High Latency and other problems: Hi to everybody I decided to write you because i have some problems on my machine that now are so annoying I try to explain from the beginning: I use my PC to make music, and i always had the problem of crackling audio but i never worried about In the last period this problem...
  9. Extremely high sound latency issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extremely high sound latency issues: I'm having major sound latency issues, and I think I have isolated it to my SSD, I'm just not sure how to fix it at this point. I have run LatencyMod and this is the report I get. Right now, storahci.sys seems to be the main culprit:...
  10. high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds): Hi guys, Yesterday evening I was watching some youtube videos when suddenly the sound cut out. I turned the volume back up only to find there was a loud staticky crackling pop as the only audio output. Audio output is fine on headphones. I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 (with...