Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 reset forces creation of local account, even after logging in to microsoft...

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 reset forces creation of local account, even after logging in to microsoft... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I seem to be having the complete opposite issue to everyone else on a PC. Had to reset my laptop due to computer auto updating to an incompatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bhiranya, Sep 17, 2020.

1. bhiranya Win User

Windows 10 2004 reset forces creation of local account, even after logging in to microsoft...

I seem to be having the complete opposite issue to everyone else on a PC. Had to reset my laptop due to computer auto updating to an incompatible driver cause BSOD. Rolling back drivers felt glitchy so decided to reset and start fresh.

First time I reset I chose to keep personal files and reset windows. After re-installing windows asked to log-in to microsoft account and the usual steps followed to finalize setup. However it was still glitchy. Computer ran smooth and all drivers were correct, but little things like desktop theme not synchronizing with my other computers like it used to and login page remaining black even though it is set to spotlight and shows all links do you like what you see, facts about picture, etc. but no picture. Also had to re-link my account to microsoft which I thought was odd at the time. However, because of all these little glitches, decided to clean reset my computer.

Now, after wiping all files and settings and re-installing windows, goes through the usual setup paces, comes to connecting to wifi. Proceed to log-in to microsoft account, and then it asks me who will be using this computer and create a password, pin, and setup security questions. These are all parts of my microsoft account already. And having gone through all these steps when windows starts, its a blank local account. Have to login to all services well link local account with microsoft before any synchronization even begins. Let alone try and recover any settings.

Now I know this is not the normal case because I have had to completely reset my brother's computer wipe clean and reinstall and just bought and setup a new computer for myself this past weekend literally 4 days ago with no issue. Not to mention biggest complaint most people have is that windows 10 won't let you create a local account and tips to get around that.

I have been trying several ways now, and am running a little desperate as this is my main computer I use on a daily basis so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

bhiranya, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 reset forces creation of local account, even after logging in to microsoft...

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 reset forces creation of local account, even after logging in to microsoft...

1. Windows 10 2004 reset forces creation of local account, even after logging in to microsoft... - Similar Threads - 2004 reset forces

2. Script error after logging in with local account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script error after logging in with local account to Windows 10: Hi,Everytime I log in to a computer just updated from win 7 to win 10 I get a Script Error window.Line 2Char 167662Error Unable to get property 'prototype' of undefined or null reference.Code 0URL https://logincdn.msauth.net/shared/5/js/login_en_ab04aQSkUg8kw-swjhCJkw2.jsI've...
  3. Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account: I want to know how to disable or remove the local account from my Windows 10 PC after I converted it to a Microsoft Account. Everything I'm finding is the opposite, to going back to a local account. Basically My kid has a PC with a local account and I want it converted to an...
  4. Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account: I want to know how to disable or remove the local account from my Windows 10 PC after I converted it to a Microsoft Account. Everything I'm finding is the opposite, to going back to a local account. Basically My kid has a PC with a local account and I want it converted to an...
  5. Prevent Local Account from Logging in After Converting to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  7. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  8. Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset: I have been assisting an elderly gentleman who has a PC with a user account tied to his Microsoft account. He was scammed over two weeks ago, the attacker had remote access to the PC and since then his PC user account has been requiring that he verify his account. When he...
  9. Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft user account logs locally but online requires a password reset: I have been assisting an elderly gentleman who has a PC with a user account tied to his Microsoft account. He was scammed over two weeks ago, the attacker had remote access to the PC and since then his PC user account has been requiring that he verify his account. When he...
  10. Local account creation error.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local account creation error.: When attempting to create a local account on a windows 10 machine running the latest update, I'm running into the issue where after following the process to create a local account and selecting, "I don't have this person's sign-in information" it reports "Something went...