Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 + Sept 8 2020 updates - desktop folders do not automatically refresh,...

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 + Sept 8 2020 updates - desktop folders do not automatically refresh,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have spent many hours trying various reputable online suggested solutions for these problems. 1.Desktop folders and files do not automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Laura_Dee, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Laura_Dee Win User

Windows 10 2004 + Sept 8 2020 updates - desktop folders do not automatically refresh,...

I have spent many hours trying various reputable online suggested solutions for these problems.

1.Desktop folders and files do not automatically refresh and

2. Shutdown does not auto-complete - need to press on-off button with finger.

The computer is usable - I can use the refresh command and the refresh is visible. I can manually turn off the computer.

Here is what I have done that is closest to being effective.

Step 1 - Choose "Exit Explorer" from Taskbar right-click menu.

Step 2 - Start a new Explorer.exe process using Task manager Run new task. enter "explorer" in create new task.

If I then use hard drive based apps this works. If I then select shut down - the computer shuts down completely.

However, after I use the Internet or restart the computer - the problems come back.

I'm thinking that maybe something in the start-up is causing these problems.

My update from earlier version of Windows 10 began about September 1, 2020. Can provide a pix of my start-up if you think that would be helpful. I do not have a reset point to go back to.

:)

Laura_Dee, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 + Sept 8 2020 updates - desktop folders do not automatically refresh,...

1. Windows 10 2004 + Sept 8 2020 updates - desktop folders do not automatically refresh,... - Similar Threads - 2004 Sept 2020

2. desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically: how do I fix desktop and file folders that do not refresh automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-file-folders-do-not-refresh/044951ae-e07f-4451-b442-6c1043e851b0
  3. desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop and file folders do not refresh automatically: how do I fix desktop and file folders that do not refresh automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-file-folders-do-not-refresh/044951ae-e07f-4451-b442-6c1043e851b0
  4. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020: Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. If the computer went to sleep it invariably awoke in the same white screen state. I have had this...
  5. New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020: Yesterday I started MSFS 2020 ver 1.9.3.0 through the Xbox application and it came up saying I need to update. So I started the update and it shows to have completely downloaded and now is decompressing fs-base-0.1.87.fspatch.001... It has been stuck on this now after...
  6. Folders not refreshing automatically in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders not refreshing automatically in Windows 10: I have a user whose File Explorer was stuck on "working on it" every time he opened it. I went ahead and cleared the quick access history, changed the folder to launch on This PC, and rebuilt the Indexing just to be on the safe side. Now any file renaming does not get...
  7. Windows 10 desktop automatically refreshes repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 desktop automatically refreshes repeatedly: My computer desktop is refreshing repeatedly. it is not allowing me to install update or go to the control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-automatically-refreshes/e063a1be-db33-4d65-a68b-295173d2ff02
  8. Windows folders not refreshing automatically

Windows folders not refreshing automatically: I have an issue on my new laptop with Windows 10 -- the folders have stopped refreshing automatically. I have to manually hit refresh or F5 when I create a new folder on the desktop before I can see it. I have to refresh folders to see new files that I have copied into them....
  9. Windows 10 Desktop and taskbar refreshes automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Desktop and taskbar refreshes automatically: Windows 10 Desktop and Taskbar refreshes automatically and then applications misbehave. I've gone through the "Reliability History" and here's the information... Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path:...
  10. Desktop and Explorer Not Automatically Refreshing

Desktop and Explorer Not Automatically Refreshing: Hello, My computer (with Windows 10 Home) has been working fine until just few minutes ago when the desktop and explorer stopped automatically refreshing. What this means is that when I create a new folder, it doesn't show up until I manually refresh. When I delete a file,...