Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; New Lenovo laptop upgraded from Windows 10 1909 which had no problems to Windows 10 2004. Windows Security App opens for Administrator accounts but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Andrew Bannister, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users

New Lenovo laptop upgraded from Windows 10 1909 which had no problems to Windows 10 2004. Windows Security App opens for Administrator accounts but not domain users. The 'infamous' error 'You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender' I have tried lots of fixes, all fail, including:

• executing Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml"
    • sfc /scannow
    • dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • tested domain user as local admin
    • rejoined the domain

The only answer out there seems to be rebuild laptop which is not an answer as the app works if opened by an administrator account. This seems to imply a security privilege is missing somewhere. Anyone managed to fix this issue?

:)

Andrew Bannister, Oct 21, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users

1. Windows 10 2004 stops users opening Windows Security App for Domain Users - Similar Threads - 2004 stops users

2. Cached domain user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...
  3. Cached domain user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...
  4. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  5. Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps.

Windows 10 non domain user can't install apps.: I have ran the power shell script to uninstall appxpackages for all users except a few like calculator and photo viewer. I can run the apps as a domain admin but cannot as a domain user to install i have to give the user domain admin then install then i can remove them from...
  6. Windows 10 domain user migration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 domain user migration: Hi, I have a network with several Windows 10 Pcs connected to a windows domain server. I want to leave the domain and use the Pcs in a workgroup. If a disconnect the domain server all the Pcs continue working even if I restart it, this is because of the domain login cache....
  7. Windows 10 domain user issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 domain user issues: Hey, I have had nothing but issues getting a Windows 10 Pro machine to work within a 2011 SBS environment. I have had issues with the firewall, which is now totally shutdown; it was preventing network applications from installing. It was just the domain element of the...
  8. Domain Users and Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain Users and Windows 10: I upgraded from Windows 7 and my account transferred without an issue. My wife's account (who uses the same computer and we switch users) did not. I ended up deleting her account and recreated a new one. She can log in, but the start button and action center do not...
  9. Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro)

Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro): Hi everybody, I am having problems with Cortana opening up on a domain connected PC, I haven't yet tested this problem out on to multiple domain accounts but I have tested it on a local account on the computer and it works fine. With the local account on the computer,...
  10. Domain users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Domain users?: Our company has about 40 Laptops that all have windows 7 on them. Since they are all connected to our domain the GWX app will not appear on any. Would running the upgrade from a WIN 10 DVD activate properly? 9968