Windows 10: Windows 10 2004, suddenly login screen can only see "Other user" account on it?!

Discus and support Windows 10 2004, suddenly login screen can only see "Other user" account on it?! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, Anyone knows why suddenly I get a login screen with only one account showing on the screen and its an odd one to be, who the hell is "Other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ITDES05, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ITDES05 Win User

Windows 10 2004, suddenly login screen can only see "Other user" account on it?!

Hi there,

Anyone knows why suddenly I get a login screen with only one account showing on the screen and its an odd one to be, who the hell is "Other user" come up? Is this a new BUG on windows 10 build 2004 or is my unit has been compromised or not???!!!!

Anyone from Microsoft can please urgently need your advise on this matter as soon as possible please.

thanks in advance,

Cheers!

:)

ITDES05, Oct 16, 2020
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Oct 16, 2020
  3. User accounts / login screen

Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related.

I am using Windows 10 version 1909.

Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows.

I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login under power and sleep settings.

I am still asked to login when I start windows. I suspect this is because there are two user accounts.

One user account is just user, which is what I use. The other is my name, John, which I must have set up when I was installing windows and I don't remember the password for.

I tried to delete the John account so it would just login automatically to the user account, but when I go under user accounts after typing in systempropertiesadvanced under the run command, I don't see this "John" account.

So in short, I have done all the things that a simple google search would suggest for me to disable the logon screen following a restart, but to no avail. I suspect this is because of a second user account for which I don't know the password, but I can't seem to find this account anywhere to delete it.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time!

greenevening, Oct 16, 2020
  4. marknyy Win User

Windows 10 2004, suddenly login screen can only see "Other user" account on it?!

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 2004, suddenly login screen can only see "Other user" account on it?! - Similar Threads - 2004 suddenly login

2. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  3. "Other user" at login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Other user" at login screen?: My HP laptop suddenly restarted, then presented itself with the login screen, it made me input the username and password for some user named "other user", it did not me go into my original account which didn't even have a password in the first place. I've seen that a few...
  4. Windows login - Can Only see one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login - Can Only see one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on...: Hi, My PC was left logged in to another user's account 2 days ago. The computer then went to sleep. When restarted it immediately started reporting disk errors, but, since repairing the disk, the PC only has the option of logging in with the user account that was in use...
  5. login defaults to other user only, no other users show

login defaults to other user only, no other users show: My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that. have always logged in w me as user. When I go to repair, i see my user name so i know it's out there somewhere....
  6. Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account

Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account: This has just started happening this week on Dell and HP desktops with Windows 10 Home. I have a local account for Administrator access on all of them but a few of these PCs have changed behavior and now show the "Other user" login screen. I have to type the admin name and...
  7. Other User Login Screen on Windows 10, when I am the only user on the computer

Other User Login Screen on Windows 10, when I am the only user on the computer: Hey guys, So I am the only user on my computer, and when I sign out, I am presented with the Other User screen, where you have to type in your name and password. This is really annoying, as I do not want to be typing in my name and password everytime I log into my...
  8. Other user only login option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Other user only login option: I recently reset my PC and when its done resetting it skips the whole entier setup page and shoots me straight to the home page with the only option to login as “other user.” No I cannot acess really anything while shift left clicking on restart besides completly wiping my...
  9. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  10. Other User is the only account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other User is the only account: Hi, its no great loss, I backed everything up. but my PC, I was using for basic testing and web stuff, is now not letting me in, I did the free upgrade, all good. decided, what the hell, lets reset the lot. (using the delete everything option) Windows 10 boots fine, but...