Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 Desktop terminals used for Work and losing money and reputation when they wont work. Both have updated to v2004 and the growing list of broken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Button2000, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster

2 Desktop terminals used for Work and losing money and reputation when they wont work.

Both have updated to v2004 and the growing list of broken features is making me seriously look at other platforms. Every year now we get a big update that brings a host of often pointless features that most users will never need nor notice.

The cost so far?

Outlook 2019 wouldn't launch this one was fixed

Network connected drives lose connection every reboot. Have to be disconnected and remapped every time still not fixed

And the best one, my "Microsoft" USB Basic Mouse no longer works even after a reboot / moving USB Port.

No Mouse basically means NO PC.

Seriously Microsoft, just stop it please. Concentrate on leaving the damn OS alone and make it work.

This 2004 update is trash and should have been pulled altogether rather than postponed. I have NEVER experienced so many bugs and errors in a system since I started using Windows 95 when it came out. I think even ME was more stable than this junk.

I won't expect any response of any use from MS, but if any users have encountered and resolved this issue I'd love to hear from you. The PC that has lost the mouse is an H81-A Based 4790K system that has run flawlessly until it was "infected" with 2004.

:)

Button2000, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster

1. Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster - Similar Threads - 2004 total disaster

2. Windows 10 Disaster Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Disaster Recovery: Let's say I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have a recent System Image backup plus some File History backups offsite. Sounds good. I have a lot of "App" games that use only local storage for game save data. Then there is a fire, and my computer is destroyed. I buy an new...
  3. Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?: Hello, i’m trying to fix a family members computer which updated to Windows 10 2004 overnight back in August. Upon reboot the entire user profile was wiped clean; all downloads, documents, user preferences, and firefox bookmarks are gone. I’ve checked to make sure its not...
  4. Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update: I have a new Asus Gamers Republic laptop I don't have much on it I only watch netflix, hulu, check email and FB and play asphalt 9 and DAOC and also I use Discord but Asphalt 9 updated and would not open without new update windows 10 2004 and since update I can open...
  5. It is a disaster !!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It is a disaster !!!: Hello Sir/Madam: The quality of my pc is dropping down ! Today, all at once, many of the "icons", around 1/3, on my screen can not open !! They are cut off from the internet! I have been using the window for around two decades, never saw such serious...
  6. A Disaster - Totally Buggy: Updated Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 on 1-Aug-2020

A Disaster - Totally Buggy: Updated Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 on 1-Aug-2020: Windows 10 Pro Version: 2004 Installed: 01-Aug-2020 OS Build: 1904.388 1. Icons have gone missing. 2. Input fields in many of the Apps looks like a tiny thin line. 3. Even File and Folder Dialog Labeling are all gone 4. Even Drive Labeling are gone 5. All the...
  7. Windows 10 Version 2004 is DISASTER

Windows 10 Version 2004 is DISASTER: Hello, Recently i've Updated my Win10 to Version 2004. But i facing sort of problems. It automatically delete all Items on Desktop. Second Attempt, Fresh Install Version 2004. It occurred again. been waiting for Patches on Windows Updates but seems there is nothing yet....
  8. Windows 10 update disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disaster: After the last Windows 10 update my HP Elite goes to blue screen for Automatic Repair, cannot repair and starts over again. Option to go to desktop just goes to Automatic repair and loops again....
  9. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  10. Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi I attempted to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night and when I got up this morning my laptop is stuck on a DOS window with a message that the operating system cannot be found. *Sad Any advice? [img] 56987