Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 update always fails after 70% installation saying "Undoing changes made to...

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 update always fails after 70% installation saying "Undoing changes made to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G-50ZZ laptop, I have created a dual boot between Windows 10 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04.01. Everyy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aanzil Akram Halsana, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 update always fails after 70% installation saying "Undoing changes made to...

Hi guys,

I have an Acer Aspire E5-575G-50ZZ laptop, I have created a dual boot between Windows 10 1909 and Ubuntu 20.04.01. Everyy update on Windows 10 1909 even cumulative updates installs fine and fast. But, when I got Microsoft Windows 2004 update from Update Center automatically, my laptop downloaded the update fine, installed it like for 8 hours too long, then asked for restarting my device, I did so. I selected the "Windows Boot Manager option" from GRUB boot menu that Ubuntu provides. After restarting, Update was installed upto 30% took like 2.5 hours, then it automatically restarted, I again selected the Windows Boot Manager option from GRUB boot menu. Update installation percentage then, suddenly went to 60% then came down to 57%, then went up to 64%->65%->69%->71% this section took like 30 minutes , then screen went blank. It automatically restarted the system and I again selected Windows Boot Manager from GRUB menu. Then Windows Update started showing me the following message :

Undoing changes made to your computer...

It then took around 1.5 hours to undo all changes made to my laptop. After that, I got 2004 update for 3-4 times from Update Center so generous of you. Every time, I tried to install the update, the situation remained the same. Then, I tried installing the update from Windows Update Assistant 7-8 times, then also, situations were the same, every time after 70% of installation, screen went blank and after an automatic restarted the update was Undoing changes made to your computer... .

My system Configuration is :

CPU : IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz

RAM : Dual Channel

1. 8192 MBytes, DDR4-2400 1200 MHz added later
    2. 4096 MBytes, DDR4-2132 1066 MHz Default

Graphics Properties :

1. Intel HD Graphics 620
    2. NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5

Please help me solve this issue. I don't know if it is a S/W or H/W problem !

Here is a photo :

Windows 10 2004 update always fails after 70% installation saying "Undoing changes made to... efcfcfd1-42a0-45ce-9242-560d71577d7a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Aanzil Akram Halsana, Aug 13, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Lucy HH Win User

Windows 10 2004 update always fails after 70% installation saying "Undoing changes made to...

KB3213986 failed to install 'undoing changes'

Having trouble with the latest update KB3213986. Tried all things suggested on many posts on this site but no luck. No matter what trying to install this update results in a restart that takes several hours to install then restarts to say it has failed and
    undoing changes.

Here is my system summary: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Also my system log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As_TAcFgk3v7oyxpUtdwfwJie-jm

Tried everything I've seen advised bar re-installing windows again... Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Lucy HH, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 update always fails after 70% installation saying "Undoing changes made to...

1. Windows 10 2004 update always fails after 70% installation saying "Undoing changes made to... - Similar Threads - 2004 update always

2. Windows Updates Fail To Install and Undo Changes KB5003635

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Fail To Install and Undo Changes KB5003635: I have about 15 PCs that will not install any Windows Feature Update 2004...20h2...21h1 21h2 they are stuck on 1909. They are all x86 OS level. I cannot run x64 I do have other systems that have updated without issue. The hardware is the same in all systems where the updates...
  3. Undoing changes made to your computer...Windows 10 20H2 and version 2004 will not update

Undoing changes made to your computer...Windows 10 20H2 and version 2004 will not update: Since June of 2020 I have not been able to update to Windows 10, version 2004 or version 20H2. The last message was "Undoing changes made to your computer." Below is the update history of the computer. The current version of Windows 10 is 10.0.18363 build 18363, a x64-based...
  4. undoing changes after trying to install windows 10 version 2004 update

undoing changes after trying to install windows 10 version 2004 update: i have tried the following, automatic update failed, manual update failed reset this pc and reinstalls windows also failed when i tried to then upgrade manually to windows 10 version 2004. everytime i try it restarts the computer to install it, then after its done it says...
  5. Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail

Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail: System: Lenovo Yoga 2 1051 Type ZOBE s/n: HA0DGA3W (Tablet) - O\S : Windows 10 32bit System Memory: 32 Go Background: The objective was to reinstall Windows 10 using the RESET function. Intent: [INDENT]The idea of reinstalling was to integrate the version 1909 update. All...
  6. Windows will not update, always says undoing changes.

Windows will not update, always says undoing changes.: For the past year my laptop keeps getting this error where windows refuses to update and the updates keep failing. I get the message Windows couldn't complete update, Undoing changes. My windows is on an SSD and the rest of my stuff is on my hard drive. This issue started...
  7. Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer”

Windows 10 update installation “Undoing changes made to your computer”: Tried to update a friend’s Packard Bell EasyNote LJ71 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 1909 “keep personal files and apps” all went well although very slow until it reached the installing Windows updates at about 23% when it said, “Undoing...
  8. Undoing changes made

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing changes made: Windows 10 Updates again mesed up my PC. When rebooting it, it goes into loop and keeps showing a sign "Undoing changes made to your computer.." How do I even get PC rebooted and restart it now? How do I get rid of all these unwanted changes and how do I set up Windows...
  9. Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update: Ok, so my timezone is UTC-3, just so you don't get confused. Yesterday, at around 22:30, I was using my PC when Windows force-restarted it to update (I postponed the update like a billion times so I guess that makes sense.) The update was taking a lot of time, but I googled...
  10. Update 1803 to 1809 always fails, undoing the changes after first reboot

Update 1803 to 1809 always fails, undoing the changes after first reboot: The last time a feature update succeeded on my Dell tower was in July of 2018. Other machines in the household have updated to 1809 with no such roll-backs. Something about the Dell machine is causing the "undoing changes" behavior. The update program apparently knows what...