Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 update breaks internet connectivity for some users

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 update breaks internet connectivity for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2020 Update, otherwise known version 2004, is slowly being rolled out to devices across the world gradually. This version of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 1, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 2004 update breaks internet connectivity for some users

Windows 10 May 2020 Update, otherwise known version 2004, is slowly being rolled out to devices across the world gradually. This version of Windows 10 May 2020 Update includes a slightly odd bug (that we’ve reported before) where there’s no internet connection warning in the taskbar.

In a new update to its support documentation, Microsoft has confirmed that certain modems (particularly LTE modems) might not be able to connect to internet after you resume your computer from sleep or hibernation.

In this case, you might see a “no internet” error in the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) in the notification area of the taskbar. In addition, you might not be able to connect to the internet.

While Microsoft says the problem is limited to devices with LTE modems, we’ve observed the same problem on non-LTE computers.

Other users have also reported that the no internet connection notification in the taskbar appears when there’s a perfectly valid connection for the PC and users can still go online in web browsers, such as Chrome and Edge.

The problem becomes annoying especially when some apps go offline on Windows 10. This happens when the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) is unable to determine the internet connection and it displays the no connection warning.

Apps such as Spotify, Microsoft 365, OneDrive and Windows Store won’t work as they rely on Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) to check the internet status on your device.

To address this problem, Microsoft says you need to enable and disable aeroplane mode from the Action Center. Once done, NCSI will correctly report the internet status and you’ll be able to access your apps again.

Microsoft is currently planning to fix this issue in late September.

The post Windows 10 2004 update breaks internet connectivity for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 1, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 2004 update breaks internet connectivity for some users capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Sep 1, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Might Force Updates Even on Metered Connections

A wording change in the latest build of the upcoming Creators Update for Windows 10 has users on metered connections worried. In previous Microsoft Insider's builds of the Creators Update, the section of the license agreement pertaining to automatic updates said "updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, except over metered connections (where charges may apply)."

In this latest build, the wording has been changed to a more worrisome version implying updating may still happen for important updates: "We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply). In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly."

Windows 10 2004 update breaks internet connectivity for some users 18da3be5bc06_thm.jpg

Obviously, this implies critical updates and such may still be pulled from a metered connection without prior user consent. Considering many "critical updates" from Microsoft today come in the form of "Patch Tuesday" rollups often nearing a gig, this could get expensive on a metered connection where users pay by the gigabyte or worse.

Source: HotHardware

R-T-B, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 2004 update breaks internet connectivity for some users - Similar Threads - 2004 update breaks

2. Windows 10 September updates break printing for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 September updates break printing for some users: On Tuesday, Microsoft published cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 and it wasn’t long before users started flagging new issues. On our forum and social media, users have claimed that they’re unable to use printers after applying the cumulative updates...
  3. Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update 2004 breaks Snipping Tool: Right after Microsoft Update completed installation and machine rebooted. Tried to use the regular Snipping Tool. The screen blanks out then reappears with the tool open. Click on "NEW" and the screen blanks to black then returns with a solid gray screen as an overlay. You...
  4. Windows 10 2004 update breaks printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004 update breaks printing: Hello, I recently installed the 2004 update. Everything has been working well until today. I tried to print and the job always appears in the print queue and instantly disappears without actually printing anything. I have a Brother MFC-465CN printer. It has worked without...
  5. Windows 10 update fixes Bluetooth, but breaks Printer for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update fixes Bluetooth, but breaks Printer for some users: Microsoft has had a bad run with Windows 10 version 1903 in the past two months. The recent security and non-security updates broke down a number of basic features, including network adapters, Windows Search and even caused high CPU usage on some configurations. Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Update Breaks the Internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Breaks the Internet: Again, Microsoft has released a completely untested update which has caused chaos for Windows 10 users. When will Microsoft learn? This is beyond a few glitches. The update has proved that Windows 10 is turning into a disaster, and it is only a matter of time before people...
  7. Windows 10 KB4512941 breaks Windows Search for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4512941 breaks Windows Search for some users: Despite Microsoft’s efforts to improve Windows Update experience, there are cumulative updates that still break features for some users. The most recent KB4512941 for Windows 10 version 1903 causes high CPU usage and it looks like the update also breaks down Windows Search on...
  8. Windows 10 update breaks internet connection (June 13 2019)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update breaks internet connection (June 13 2019): Hello, recently installed the newest Windows 10 update (June 13 2019) Security "patch" update, and it broke my network drivers. I currently use a Asus PCE-AC88 Wireless-AC3100 PCIe adapter, and this newest update broke the drivers, either for this adapter and Asus doesn't...
  9. Internet Connection Breaking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Breaking: So when i go on my laptop (Asus X541U) it will connect me to the internet 10% of the time, otherwise it gives me the ethernet connection with the red x (my ethernet port is broken and i havnt used ethernet on my laptop in the past 3 months) Whhen the internet works, if my...
  10. Windows 10 October 2018 update breaks internet connectivity for some windows components

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 October 2018 update breaks internet connectivity for some windows components: Hi, After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 update, the windows update itself doesn't work anymore. Just gives me a message: "We couldn't check for updates, because you aren't connected to the Internet. Make sure you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and try...