Windows 10: windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help

Discus and support windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i found it odd that windows update is NOT even telling me " The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by elkido122, Jun 9, 2020.

1. elkido122 Win User

windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help

i found it odd that windows update is NOT even telling me " The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isnt quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, youll see the update available on this page [Windows Update]. Theres nothing you need to do at this time....

strange if you ask me, i don't know why nothing is showing up when i check for updates.

:)

elkido122, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Even more unfathomable for this release. At least for past rollouts MS have made statements like '...starting with newest machines tested by our partners...'.

But for 2004 of all my physical machines only two of the oldest (2011 & 2012 vintage) have been offered it (but not the oldest at 2009). My newest (Dell Latitude E7270) is on the OEM list for 'tested for 2004' but is yet to see it offered. Even for my VMs only one is offered it. Go figure....

Edit: after the cumulative update today to 18363.900 my 4th oldest machine, a Dell Latitude E4310, has now been offered the 2004 update.

3. AddRAM Win User

Why, what`s the big deal, 1909 works great, no reason to update to 2004 yet.

And when you do update, DO NOT use the windows update method.

Download the 2004 Iso file, save it to your downloads folder, Then, Create a Windows 10 2004 Folder. Put the Media Creation Tool and the Windows 10 2004 Iso file in that folder
    But please give it another 3 or 4 months before installing 2004.

When you are ready to update, just open the Iso file with windows explorer and click on setup, the install will begin.

Bet wait at least a few months go by, before you install W10 2004.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

AddRAM, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

I'm with AddRAM

Jacee, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help - Similar Threads - 2004 update confusion

2. Confusion with megabits and megabytes (Please help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confusion with megabits and megabytes (Please help): My family recently upgraded to virgin media internet and this has been an on going debate. I’m trying to prove my dad wrong about the fact that he thinks we are getting 200megabytes instead of megabits . I’ve shown him multiple sources about how ookla speedtest and virgin...
  3. Installing Windows 10 2004 update help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 2004 update help: Is windows 10 2004 totally fixed to install? And download and install option of windows 2004 is appearing in windows update since May. So please answer....
  4. Windows 10 2004 update help

Windows 10 2004 update help: Split from this thread. My laptop started installing the 2004 update but after downloading, the installation ran for 2 hours after which the screen turned off. I gav e it time and until now, after about 17 hours, the screen is still of and i can't tell whether it's finished...
  5. Help with 2004 update

Help with 2004 update: Hey guys 2004 update showed up in my Windows Updates. That thing was struck on "getting things ready - 0%" for like an eternity and it downloaded like 5GB of data overtime. So I rebooted and started windows update again, it said 'downloading - 99%' at which it again...
  6. windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help

windows 10 2004 update confusion.. please help: i found it odd that windows update is NOT even telling me " The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Were offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isnt quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, youll see the update available on this page [Windows...
  7. Help!! Please my windows 10 update version 2004 stuck at 99%. Please help!!

Help!! Please my windows 10 update version 2004 stuck at 99%. Please help!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MSI_heat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gslplr/help_please_my_windows_10_update_version_2004/
  8. I'm confused - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm confused - please help: I noticed an entry in task manager start up showing as follows - TwDsUiLaunch. Having researched this a little, I find three conflicting assessments of this entry. 1 - Nothing to get exited about 2 - this is a malicious nasty 3 - Its an entry via Brother printer software...
  9. Windows 10 will not update, please help!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 will not update, please help!: Hello All, I need some professional help please. Thank you first but foremost for helping me with my issue. I cannot update my windows 10. I have tried various troubleshooting steps but still am unsuccessful at it. Tried: > Downloading the troubleshooter for windows...
  10. Windows 10 update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update confusion: I'm not tech savvy at all, so I don't know why the Windows updates won't work on my computer. Each time I try to install the updates, a message comes up on the screen saying that doing the update may cause some of my audio and video files to not work correctly. Is it...