Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kem_kem_1, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps inside are very slow. And my shutdown time is also 3-5 minutes.

I checked all the drivers, everything is up to date. Should I revert back to last version? Can I do that?

Please help, this system is very slow and annoying right now.

submitted by /u/kem_kem_1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kem_kem_1, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 19, 2020
  3. blzmn Win User
    2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Hello everyone,

thanks to some of the suggestions here and to some from other sources I have managed to fix the 0x80070002 error breaking up my feature update to 2004.

For completeness' sake and since it may help others, the following steps worked for me.

1. Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website
    2. Create a bootable USB drive with the MCT
    3. Boot up from this USB Drive
    4. Choose install settings, click 'Next', but on the next screen select "Repair your computer" instead of "Install"
    5. Choose "Troubleshoot" -> "Startup Repair" and let it finish
    6. Restart into Windows and attempt the usual Windows update
    It looks like the BCD on my computer had been damaged by the boot loader (Windows 10 + Recovery partition) and running the "Startup Repair" from the installation USB Drive corrected the errors.

blzmn, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

1. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop - Similar Threads - 2004 update has

2. OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive has messed up my laptop - desperate: I tried using OneDrive and I can't get rid of it. It is messing up my computer to the point where I can't install or play games and since I am stuck in a hospital bed for the foreesable future, that might be what actually kills me and not my failing health. Whenever I try...
  3. Update has messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update has messed up my computer: Can't open start menu, settings or anything like that. The way i display my homescreen has changed completely, internet not working and when i restart my computer nothing changes. i updated my computer last night after being prompted and now I just can't do anything on it....
  4. Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update: [ATTACH] Here's a probably incomplete list of things messed up by the above mentioned update: 1. Completely atrocious color scheme appeared out of nowhere: light task bar, weird accent colors. The closest I could get to the previous scheme was to switch to Dark in Chose...
  5. 2004 update messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update messed up my laptop: I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games. Startup takes more time. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are...
  6. OneDrive Has Messed Up My Laptop!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Has Messed Up My Laptop!: I recently activated OneDrive. It backed up all the files on my Dell laptop Windows 10. Unfortunately, now my desktop screen, where I keep all the files and folders I am working on, contains random files and folders. Essentially, it now contains ALL my files and folders...
  7. Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.: After update, Windows 10 messed up with my settings. I reported it with Hub, but this is serious problem, that affects my usage. First it reseted some of my software/driver settings: nVidia driver settings Creative ZX sound card settings Kaspersky AV settings. Second,...
  8. Windows Update - messed up laptop

Windows Update - messed up laptop: The latest update has totally destroyed my laptop. I have had 2 messages one about Sihost.Exe. The Main one is c://windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop tells me that desktop is missing. I can get into task manager and all my files and Desktop are there - but the...
  9. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

Windows 10 update messed up my laptop: A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select privacy settings which i did. However, it kept telling me to try again. This went on until i was advised to boot up on safe...
  10. Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop

Windows 10, update and fresh install messed up my laptop: I'm not a savvy computer person. However, my basics are above average. I can't understand why I need to invest so much time (unsuccessfully) in bringing my laptop to function. After the recent update, my computer got messed up. It even deleted tons of stuff I have in it. I...