Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After update, Windows 10 messed up with my settings. I reported it with Hub, but this is serious problem, that affects my usage. First it reseted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AleksandarVasiljevic, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

After update, Windows 10 messed up with my settings. I reported it with Hub, but this is serious problem, that affects my usage.

First it reseted some of my software/driver settings:

nVidia driver settings

Creative ZX sound card settings

Kaspersky AV settings.

Second, it somehow reseted some Registry and Group policy settings, like it's avoiding them. Settings are as they should be but they are not behaving as it should.

- I disabled via gpedit Windows Defender, but it shows in Antivirus option as snoozed, not completely disabled, as it was in 1909

- Disabled gpedit automatic driver installation, but it was shown as "Yes" in Device Installation Settings Advanced System Settings/Hardware and it overwritten manufacturers drivers, which are working better than from your server.

- Disabled in Regedit Cortana consent and Bing with 0, but it gives me results in search bar. Also it shows me quick searches, even disabled.

And can we just get a simple search bar, is that so difficult?

So, are you really eager to mess up peoples system settings with updates, or just playing dumb?

:)

AleksandarVasiljevic, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 29, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings.

1. Windows 10 2004 update messed up with my settings. - Similar Threads - 2004 update messed

2. Windows Update messed up camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update messed up camera settings: I recently did a Windows update and it somehow messed up my Sony a6000 camera settings. My camera runs smooth on its own screen, but the video lags on my computer. It doesnt look like its running at 60fps. I cant seem to find any camlink settings or video settings on my...
  3. Windows 10 update messed up my settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update messed up my settings: Today I was forced to update windows and the update ruined my settings. This is unacceptable. Please help me restore my computer to a useable state and not the mess of a state your update left it in. You should be ashamed....
  4. Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 update has messed up my laptop: Hi, I just got an update on my HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. I did update it and after that everything is slow. I have 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in my laptop. Before the upadte (in 1909) it used to take 5-10 seconds to boot up the laptop. Now it takes 3-5 minutes to boot. Apps...
  5. Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update

Things messed up after Windows 10 v.2004 update: [ATTACH] Here's a probably incomplete list of things messed up by the above mentioned update: 1. Completely atrocious color scheme appeared out of nowhere: light task bar, weird accent colors. The closest I could get to the previous scheme was to switch to Dark in Chose...
  6. Update 2004 Messed up my Default Profile Picture And More

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 2004 Messed up my Default Profile Picture And More: I just updated my Windows 10 to version 2004 before yesterday. I restarted my PC, because the update required it. At first login my profile picture was changed to a new design i have the default. After a few restarts my profile picture has been changed to this. I loved the...
  7. 2004 update messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 update messed up my laptop: I should've known better before updating my laptop. But here I am the fool who trusted Microsoft with their updates, here are the issues- Audio cuts out now and then. This happens during playing games. Startup takes more time. Windows explorer dies. Live tiles are...
  8. Settings messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings messed up: My system settings reset for some reason and can’t restore them. This has caused me to not be able to connect to any WiFi, etc. I need help ASAP since i cant use my computer properly...
  9. windows 10 update messed with my settings

windows 10 update messed with my settings: Hi! After I installed the Windows 10 update onto my ASUS computer, it reset all my programs and settings and wiped some preferences and data from my device. I saw someone else post about this, the help received said it was 'unlikely' to have been caused by the update,...
  10. Update Messed Up Settings & Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Messed Up Settings & Software: My computer updated to build 17763 this morning. Upon restart, numerous settings were changed and all software now acts as if it has just been installed, resetting all settings in apps and even losing data! I am extremely miffed! Allowing a stable build update should NOT...