Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 update - Microphone Static Noise when talking!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 update - Microphone Static Noise when talking!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After June 2020 Win10 2004 update, my microphone began to make loud static/distortion noises when I try to record myself or speak to someone. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulSyrek, Jun 19, 2020.

1. PaulSyrek Win User

Windows 10 2004 update - Microphone Static Noise when talking!!!

After June 2020 Win10 2004 update, my microphone began to make loud static/distortion noises when I try to record myself or speak to someone. I have reinstalled drivers, tried to use all sorts of drivers from Microsoft and from the motherboard manufacturer and nothing works, I tried to record my voice in various different programs with the same results ending up on having annoying static/distortion noise whenever I speak or make any sound. I'm working on a high end PC.

I have plugged in my microphone to my laptop and it works well, I have plugged it to my phone and it works well, I have got also other microphone which I tested and it seems only Windows 10 with recent update began to have this issue, up until update, everything was fine. I play quite often games online with my brother and now I cannot talk with him because he can't make what I am saying and it is annoying for both of us.

Funny thing is, when I tick "listen to this device" in sound settings, I can hear myself clearly without any distortion/static noise. So clearly it is not a hardware issue. It literally began to experience this issue shortly after the update...

Like I said, I have tried pretty much everything I could find on the internet, including running troubleshoot, including turning off game mode, etc.

This has to be something wrong with the system files, that causes this issue, and began with the recent update 2004.

Anyone else have any idea what else could I do to fix it? Reinstalling windows does not count and I am not going to reinstall whole system just because Microsoft once again messed up hundred of thousands PC, Laptop with another unnecessary updates.

Nobody asked for updates, do you even care about your clients??? You should ask first your clients if they want any changes, updates, additions, etc.

Not only recent update did not bring anything innovative, but it yet again messed up a lot of things, ther is no major update from microsoft without problems. Every time microsoft roll outs new major updates, enitrely new windows, it always causes issues!

Please enlighten me, how can I fix my mic distortion avoiding re-installing whole system???

Pawel

:)

PaulSyrek, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Rick4892 Win User

Windows 10 static noise

I am using the Logitech G230 as a headset and before installing Windows 10 the sound was fine. But after installing Windows 10 my microphone makes alot of static noise. I tried my headset on a computer with Windows 7 again and the static noise dissapeared,
    but after going back to my own computer with Windows 10 the static noise came back. What can I do to fix this?

Rick4892, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Front Panel Microphone Jack Producing Static Noise

Hello All.

Recently I had built my own PC for gaming. I have my Astro A10 headset from my console to use. I had plugged the headset to the front headset jack and that works fine. The headset comes with only one 3.5mm jack, so I had to purchase a splitter. After plugging
    in the splitter to talk to my friends online, they had complained that they were not able to hear my voice and were instead hearing a constant, loud static noise. The splitter seems to allow me to hear, but not speak. I had tried to troubleshoot to see if
    it was the PC tower, plug, splitter, headset, etc. by attempting the following actions:

• Plugged the splitter to the mic jack behind the computer - microphone worked
    • Checked the driver for an update - driver up to date
    • Ran the Windows troubleshoot tool - no issues were located
    • Tried different pair of headphones (Apple earplugs because those are all I have) - still receiving microphone static
    • Made sure the AudioHD cable on the motherboard was fully plugged in - it was
    • Made sure the AudioHD cable was farther from the power source - it now is
    • Checked various Youtube videos and online threads - no success

I believe I did most of what I can do and listed what I had done. Any suggestions, please?

Thank you, All!!!!

theeRYANator, Jun 19, 2020
  4. e00y Win User

Microphone static/white noise... please help

I use a Dell computer with Windows 10 on it with the default microphone (Realtek Audio). I've been trying to do Skype calls with a friend, but they say that I always have white noise/static in the background. I've already updated my driver, so... please
    help?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 2004 update - Microphone Static Noise when talking!!! - Similar Threads - 2004 update Microphone

2. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  3. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  4. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  6. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  7. Static Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise: Hi there, recently when I've been listening to stuff on my computer I get a static or crackle sound like it's breaking up. It's not the headphones, because I've tried it with three different pairs and it still sounds the same. I tried cleaning out the headphone jack and...
  8. Microphone on windows 10 producing high pitch static noises.

Microphone on windows 10 producing high pitch static noises.: From few days my pc's built in microphone isn't working well. I tried using an external microphone but no luck.I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver but its still not working. I even tried to download driver from respective website, but ….I don't know what...
  9. Updated to latest and microphone becomes static when I talk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to latest and microphone becomes static when I talk: I was having a normal usual day on discord, decided to update windows and my microphone to my friends says it’s static only when I talk. Any solutions? Thank you submitted by /u/AznGino40 [link] [comments]...
  10. Loud static noise when recording from microphone

Loud static noise when recording from microphone: I'm not sure if it's a problem with the computer, but I cannot confirm as this is the only one I have. When you disconnect and reconnect it will work perfectly fine for a while, but then, after a few minutes, it suddenly gets distorted, with a really loud static noise and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows static sounding mic aftsr 2004