Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After getting Windows 10 ,2004 updates my System keep refreshing pwd from Credential manager. I did try to add them manually but it refresh in few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M_Aslam, Dec 1, 2020.

1. M_Aslam Win User

Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager

Hi,

After getting Windows 10 ,2004 updates my System keep refreshing pwd from Credential manager. I did try to add them manually but it refresh in few hours. These issue creating problem with Outlook and mapped network drives.

Are there any fix for this?

thanks,

:)

M_Aslam, Dec 1, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Credentials Manager terminated - Access Denied

Some people have reported a problem with the credentials manager after upgrading to 2004.
    Upgrade to version 2004 (may 2020) giving issues with credentials
    Post #1 there links to a suggested fix.

Did your problem start after upgrading, or some time later? Yours may or may not be related.

Researching
    The Credentials Manager service terminated with error message Access is denied
    yields results which may help you.

E.g.
    Credential Manager - Windows 10 Service - batcmd.com
    has an interesting looking download per O/S

And see:
    Credential Manager not working properly in Windows 10

dalchina, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager

Credential Manager error in WINDOWS 10

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Have you tried the steps provided by Giridhar J?

If you have tried those steps and the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer and try the troubleshooting steps provided in the article from the link below:

Unable to manage web credentials: credential manager gives a error 0x80070057.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager

1. Windows 10 2004 updates - Keep removing pwd from Credential Manager - Similar Threads - 2004 updates Keep

2. Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Credential Manager Recovery from Failed Drive: Hello,Is there any way to restore the saved web passwords and others from a failed Windows 10 driver? I have all the files on a backup drive and have reloaded windows to a new drive. The old OS is not bootable so cant export. There must be a way or a tool, just cant find...
  3. Credential Manager credentials keep popping up after I've removed them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential Manager credentials keep popping up after I've removed them.: So I was trying to play Halo Infinite a month back and I downloaded it on the Xbox app. There is a known glitch with the game where when you try to sign in, it puts you in a sign in loop and you cannot log into the game. The Waypoint, the Halo support forum, suggested that I...
  4. Credential Manager credentials keep popping up after I've removed them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential Manager credentials keep popping up after I've removed them.: So I was trying to play Halo Infinite a month back and I downloaded it on the Xbox app. There is a known glitch with the game where when you try to sign in, it puts you in a sign in loop and you cannot log into the game. The Waypoint, the Halo support forum, suggested that I...
  5. Add or Remove Usernames and Passwords from Credential Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Usernames and Passwords from Credential Manager in Windows 10: The Credential Manager in Windows 10 is used for storing sign-in information for websites, apps, and network services. his guide will walk you through the necessary steps required to add or remove Usernames and Passwords from the Credentials Manager. Add or remove Usernames...
  6. How to clear all Credentials from Credential Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear all Credentials from Credential Manager in Windows 10: At times, you may want to clear all credentials stored in the Credentials Manager; for example, when you’re having issues using your password on your Windows 10 device, but the password works on all your other devices. In this post, we show you how to clear all credentials...
  7. Windows Credentials no longer in Credential Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Credentials no longer in Credential Manager: Hi, I can no longer login to any Office 365 software, access Onedrive, or even access various sites that require live Id login. I use onedrive with my business and it is making things very difficult to process data. I did reset my password and have access via my mobile...
  8. 2004 credentials manager is forgetful

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 credentials manager is forgetful: Since 2004 update, the credentials manager is losing login name and password for accessing shared folders on to local servers, after every reboot. One of the folders is on server in domain, the other server is not. And the PC, that is suppose to access these folders is not...
  9. Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 Asks for Pwd after Update - Never had any pwd: Hi Team, About a few weeks back, a Win 10 update installed on my laptop. I have never had a password on my laptop and always hit enter in the login screen. I have tried 'Reset Password' option on the screen and it asks for 3 questions which I have never set so unable to get...
  10. How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...: How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10 Professional? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-credential-manager-from-saving/61d95177-ee17-4d33-9560-250aa3dfad18