Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 upgrade removed programs from start and task bar

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 upgrade removed programs from start and task bar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated to windows 10 release 2004. On the initial reboot after the update several programs were removed from the start menu all-apps list, from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EarlHinrichs, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 upgrade removed programs from start and task bar

I just updated to windows 10 release 2004. On the initial reboot after the update several programs were removed from the start menu all-apps list, from the tiled area in the start menu, and from the pinned apps on the task bar. The programs include Outlook, Visual Studio, Brave, Excel, notepad++ and several others that I have not identified yet. The task bar is shorter, and there are many holes in the tiles start area.

There are the programs that I spend 90% of my time running! This is not a minor inconvenience.

The programs themselves have not been deleted. I can find them in Apps and Features. I can run them when I can find them with Windows Explorer or the command shell.

I can deal with the task bar easily enough after I find the programs in the start menu. How do I restore the start menu to where it was pre-update?

:)

EarlHinrichs, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Unable to reopen programs from the task bar

Hi Rob,

For us to narrow down your concern with reopening your programs from the task bar, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 upgrade removed programs from start and task bar

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

When did AMD release DX12 drivers?

Pill Monster, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 upgrade removed programs from start and task bar

1. Windows 10 2004 upgrade removed programs from start and task bar - Similar Threads - 2004 upgrade removed

2. Can't remove language from the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove language from the task bar: I have removed an unused language from the language preference setting but it still exists in the task bar. How can I remove it from the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-language-from-the-task-bar/ac507f7e-ff48-45de-a6b4-7f840f7d1d63
  3. Can't remove language from the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove language from the task bar: I have removed an unused language from the language preference setting but it still exists in the task bar. How can I remove it from the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-language-from-the-task-bar/ac507f7e-ff48-45de-a6b4-7f840f7d1d63
  4. Programs won't open from Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs won't open from Task Bar: I'm using an HP desktop, i7, 360GHz, 10MB mem, 1TB hdd, win 10.I I chose the wrong forum, please move and let me knowThis morning when I tried to open several internet links from the task bar I get the following warning:It seems to apply only to those associated with Edge. I...
  5. Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs opening, but will not maximize from the Task Bar: I have been round and round with Microsoft. Whenever I plug in a second monitor my programs will not maximize. They are open on the taskbar, but I cannot open them to full size. Yes my computer is updated, spent all day today installing updates. Does anyone know what the...
  6. Windows "cannot find" programs from Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "cannot find" programs from Task Bar: After a recent Windows 10 update (current version is 10.0.18363 Build 18363) and some serious "housecleaning", several program links on my Task Bar became inoperable, returning messages like this: [img] Even going to the .exe file in the Programs folder and double-clicking...
  7. 2004 SMALL Task Bar Start Menu issue with COLORS

2004 SMALL Task Bar Start Menu issue with COLORS: 2004 and NEW EDGE are a total disaster BUT I have small issue with NOT being able to adjust Task Bar and Start menu COLORS. CANT EVEN CLICK THE BOX TO SELECT. [ATTACH] The horrid color I am left with really makes me gag. Note this is a snip of Start Menu and Task bar -...
  8. Program on task bar

Program on task bar: HI, I have particular program will not open from the task bar. When launched it goes straight to the task bar. Ken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-on-task-bar/d51643d1-6b60-47f7-9f13-4f5e21c215bd
  9. removing icons from task bar

removing icons from task bar: I have a number of icons on my task bar that I don't use. I cannot find any remove command. (This is also true on my start menu.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-icons-from-task-bar/a8a19484-c7f2-4841-9a13-6a362e2c3fe4
  10. Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

in Cortana
    Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar: My system recently updated to Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.195 and the hide Cortana from the taskbar seems to no longer be available. [ATTACH] Anyone know how to hide the Cortana button from the taskbar?...