Windows 10: Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The problem described in THIS SITUATION has come back following Win10 ver 2004. To remind all, here is the text. Please note that this happens with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChazAntonelli, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

The problem described in THIS SITUATION has come back following Win10 ver 2004.

To remind all, here is the text. Please note that this happens with various hardware, not just this joystick.

When I have either of my USB joysticks connected to my system, the computer will not switch off the displays after a defined period of inactivity it is ignoring the settings in Settings / System / Power & Sleep/ Screen. If I remove both of my joysticks, then the behaviours are as expected the screen will; switch off.

This was not an issue with the same hardware in Windows 8 / 8.1 - issue only arose after the Win 10 upgrade

Any workarounds to this? Is it a defect?

Joysticks are a CH Products Fightersick USB and CH Products USB Rudder Pedals.

Thanks for any insights,

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-usb-joystick-prevents-display-from/f0e39c31-50ea-4e20-8512-bd5dc6ba8067

:)

ChazAntonelli, Nov 23, 2020
  2. FlyWobin Win User

Windows 10 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

When I have either of my USB joysticks connected to my system, the computer will not switch off the displays after a defined period of inactivity (it is ignoring the settings in Settings / System / Power & Sleep/ Screen). If I remove both of my joysticks,
    then the behaviors are as expected (the screen will; switch off).

This was not an issue with the same hardware in Windows 8 / 8.1 - issue only arose after the Win 10 upgrade

Any workarounds to this? Is it a defect?

Joysticks are a CH Products Fightersick USB and CH Products USB Rudder Pedals.

Thanks for any insights,

FlyWobin, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

Same here, with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick.

It was fine with Windows 7, but after update to Windows 10 it prevents sleep.

Took me a while to figure this out since powercfg doesn't list it as preventing sleep.

Definitely a Windows 10 specific bug, I hope they fix it soon.

PrestonFaiks, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

Windows 10 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

when i install the drivers for Saitex X-52 flight controller and i disconnect the joystick then i have no control over my pc anymore the only thing i can do is shut down my pc by pressing the power button for more than 4 secs.

After i reboot and remove the drivers in device manager under HID then it works back normal.

i've sent an e-mail to Saitek to ask for new drivers for X-52 but there are no drivers at the moment, they working on it.

Maybe is the problem also by microsoft, i don't know, everything works fine under win 8.1 but after the opgrade to win 10 the problems started.

HELP!!!

CyrielVaes, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

1. Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off - Similar Threads - 2004 USB Joystick

2. Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.: When I have my USB joysticks TM HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, TM Peddels connected to my system, my computer will not put the displays on standby after the allotted defined period of inactivity, it is completely ignoring the power settings. If I remove all of my flight...
  3. Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro - USB Joysticks prevent displays from going into standby.: When I have my USB joysticks TM HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, TM Peddels connected to my system, my computer will not put the displays on standby after the allotted defined period of inactivity, it is completely ignoring the power settings. If I remove all of my flight...
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off: [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. No Idle screensaver, display power off, Sleep with USB Joystick/game controller attached

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Idle screensaver, display power off, Sleep with USB Joystick/game controller attached: Symptoms: When you have some USB Joysticks/Game Controller attached a screensaver, display power off or sleep mode will not occur at the appropriately set time out intervals. Cause: Noise from the controller is seen as human activity so an idle event is not triggered....
  6. USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off: Certain USB gamepads / joysticks / steering wheels prevent the screensaver running and/or the monitor from switching off after the time set in power and sleep settings. The screensaver will kick in but immediately exit or the monitor will go blank as if to start the...
  7. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  8. windows 10 not power off displays

windows 10 not power off displays: Windows 10 was released 4 years ago, and STILL does not power off displays as requested by users. WHEN, OH WHEN microsoft are you EVER going to fix this?????...
  9. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my computer, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107471
  10. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Support
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my laptop, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107200