Windows 10: Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Developer here. Windows 10 2004 has caused me considerable STRESS personally and professionally. Some observations for Microsoft shareholders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adam Mauger, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2004

Developer here. Windows 10 2004 has caused me considerable STRESS personally and professionally. Some observations for Microsoft shareholders and corporate IT departments about Windows 10 2004, that has been released on unsuspecting consumers, about issues that have not been addressed in the last 3 MONTHS:

1. Mouse Microsoft USB mouse ignores single clicks. Infuriating.

2. Mouse per above translates single clicks to double clicks. Close a window and the window behind it closes. Yay!

3. Mouse per above stops laptops sleeping. What about the planet?

4. Trying to drag-select anything results in random chaos - random object selection, window focus etc.

4. DismHost.exe et al downloads into 30+ GUID folders in %APPDATA%..\Local\Temp daily. Look at this farce: https://www.itechguides.com/dism-host-servicing-process-dismhost-exe-malware/ . Is dismhost a VIRUS? Anybody?

5. Setting Google as default search engine in Chromium Edge... Doh! not a good idea.

Same mouse hardware works fine in other Linux/Mac mini systems. I get the impression Win 10 things are worse after an RDP session into Linux workstation.

So to summarize: Windows 10 2004 is a DISGRACE. It shows no RESPECT to Microsoft advocates. It demonstrates the INCOMPETENCE of Microsoft Win 10 management. It is an ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER. These factors need to be considered by Microsoft investors.

If any contributor or Bot wants to answer with the standard random links to dism or sfc usage I saved you the trouble:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.388]

c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.19041.329
    Image Version: 10.0.19041.388
    No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.

C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

Result: Rain forests = cut down for the power used. Win 10 2004 issues = no change, looking forward to tomorrows +10GB per workstation of GUID folder dismhost.exe downloads!

My question for this august forum Thoughts?

That is all.

:)

Adam Mauger, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 2004

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2004

1. Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - 2004

2. Should i update into 2004 ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should i update into 2004 ??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jessieboy21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6jclr/should_i_update_into_2004/
  3. My system won't update to version 2004 after re-install

My system won't update to version 2004 after re-install: Hi there I had some blue screen issue so I had to re-install my windows 10 prior to that I was running version 2004 but after reinstallation it became 1909 (understandable) however I kept on clicking "checking for updates" it just won't give me the 2004 version updates? Any...
  4. SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down: icrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.421] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /devicequery wake_armed NONE C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0]...
  5. W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps

W10 2004, sleep and hibernate closing all open apps: hi, two days ago installed an SSD on my laptop and installed fresh windows os instead of cloning old one. now after installing all the old apps setting up things as it was before. I came to know that sleep or hibernate is not working. closing all open apps it is a very...
  6. windows Live Mail in Windows Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows Live Mail in Windows Version 2004: After 7 hours got updated to Windows Version 2004 and now I can't get my Windows Live Mail to pull down mail from Comcast.net. Have not had this problem with other updates....
  7. New Feature Update version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Feature Update version 2004: I just installed the new feature update and my Screen Snipping tool is super laggy. What's up with that? Please fix! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-feature-update-version-2004/29ec04f0-be57-4b84-bda0-21729e90bdac
  8. Microsoft games in 2004 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games in 2004 update: Upon installing the latest update my games I loved disappeared never to see the light again. Unless you know how to allow me to open en-US. That file made me install Explorer 11 and still I was unable to find the games like they once were. 162180
  9. Windows 10 update version 2004. Caused volume to be lowered. very noticeable in my game.

Windows 10 update version 2004. Caused volume to be lowered. very noticeable in my game.: yesterday I updated my PC with the pending windows 10 update version 2004. but ever since then, my volume has been really low. Specifically moreso on a game i am currently playing (SC2) I checked that all my settings were on stereo still. i also checked to ensure that my...
  10. Question about new settings ui roll out on 2004

Question about new settings ui roll out on 2004: As title say i want ask is it normal that i have desktop pc and notebook, both with windows 10 2004 up to date on board, after install the recent optional update on notebook i get new settings UI with top header with user avatar, OneDrive and Updates shortcuts like on preview...