Windows 10: Windows 10 2009 boot issues w/ RAID controller (RAID 1)

Discus and support Windows 10 2009 boot issues w/ RAID controller (RAID 1) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chromaticf0am [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chromaticf0am, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 2009 boot issues w/ RAID controller (RAID 1)

/u/chromaticf0am, Nov 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 support raid 0 and raid 1

Original title: Raid

Does windows 10 support raid 0 and raid 1

volumehelp, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Loading RAID card on boot

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience in not being able to boot into the independent BIOS type setup screen for your RAID controller, when the system is started.

The system may require the boot option to be configured, this is the reason the system is directly booting into Windows. I would suggest you to check this link by your system manufacturer ‘Dell’ on ‘How
    to Configure Raid on a Dell Desktop PC
    ’ and see if it helps.

As the issue is related to the RAID controller, if the issue persists, it would be more appropriate to be posted in IT Pro
    TechNet’ forums, where we have support professionals who are well
    equipped with this knowledge.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Bazsl1 Win User

Windows 10 2009 boot issues w/ RAID controller (RAID 1)

Can I use a RAID 1 drive array as my Windows boot drive?

I am not going to use hardware RAID. I want to use Windows Storage Spaces to create the RAID 1 array from two identical hard drives.

Do I install Windows on the first hard drive then create the RAID array using Storage Spaces?

When I create the RAID array will Windows automatically mirror the Windows installation including the boot partition to the second drive so the RAID array is bootable?

Are their any steps unique to this setup that I must follow when installing Windows or creating the RAID array so that the RAID array will be bootable?

Bazsl1, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2009 boot issues w/ RAID controller (RAID 1)

1. Windows 10 2009 boot issues w/ RAID controller (RAID 1) - Similar Threads - 2009 boot issues

2. Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching: Hello, I have two disks in raid 1 configuration. I have noticed that the raid is in a state of resynching. Is this state normal after deleting or copying large files ? Thanks in advanceAngelo...
  3. Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching: Hello, I have two disks in raid 1 configuration. I have noticed that the raid is in a state of resynching. Is this state normal after deleting or copying large files ? Thanks in advanceAngelo...
  4. RAID Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAID Controller: Recently bought a used Dell Poweredge server to be used for home simple data storage & media server. It is outfitted with Microsoft Windows 11 pro. I have error messages about the RAID controller & PCI Simple Communication Controller. When I try to update the drivers, I am...
  5. RAID Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAID Controller: Recently bought a used Dell Poweredge server to be used for home simple data storage & media server. It is outfitted with Microsoft Windows 11 pro. I have error messages about the RAID controller & PCI Simple Communication Controller. When I try to update the drivers, I am...
  6. raid 1 troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    raid 1 troubleshooting: OK...I have been fighting a raid 1 for about 24 hours and am at my wits end here ! SOS!!! ;-) I have two identical Samsung 850 1 TB SSDs. I have tried setting up raid 1 in bios AND in Win10 with no luck. The BIOS got set up to the point that I got "functioning raid" message...
  7. Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10: I have read that Win 10 has the software to run a RAID 1 without a controller but it wasn't an option in Disk Management on my Windows 10 Home edition. Is this only a Win 10 Pro feature? If I buy an upgrade to convert my Home edition to Pro will 'mirroring' capability be...
  8. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  9. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  10. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...