Windows 10: Windows 10 2019: Bypass and Failure of 1809 and Microsoft's Update Cadence

Discus and support Windows 10 2019: Bypass and Failure of 1809 and Microsoft's Update Cadence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 1809 was only mentioned in Fortin's blog post here in a bullet-point:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeoBeum, Apr 9, 2019.

1. NeoBeum Win User

Windows 10 2019: Bypass and Failure of 1809 and Microsoft's Update Cadence

Windows 10 1809 was only mentioned in Fortin's blog post here in a bullet-point:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/04/improving-the-windows-10-update-experience-with-control-quality-and-transparency

It goes on to say Microsoft will "begin the phased rollout using our ML model to intelligently target those devices running Windows 10, version 1803"

Isn't it proof enough that skipping 1809 means that there are too many updates for Microsoft to produce per year and also that it isn't necessary for two major upgrades?

I blame the previous head of the Insider program and Testing, John Cable - I believe he is largely at fault for the procedures that were put in place leading up to 2015.

:)

NeoBeum, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

As reported yesterday, Microsoft changed the way how they license Windows 10 to their OEM partners. But buckle in folks, the changes just keep on coming. In what looks like an effort to push Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 owners to upgrade, Microsoft has officially announced that Office 2019 will only work on machines with Windows 10 and the next LTSC release of Windows Server. That's only the tip of the iceberg though. Unlike previous version of Office that came with 10 years of support, Office 2019's support lifecycle is shortened to five years of mainstream support and two years of extended support. Additionally, the client applications are only available with a Click-to-Run installer. However, Microsoft will continue to provide a MSI installer for the server applications.

Windows 10 2019: Bypass and Failure of 1809 and Microsoft's Update Cadence XkowHsyWUwEavPZz_thm.jpg

Chino, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 2019: Bypass and Failure of 1809 and Microsoft's Update Cadence - Similar Threads - 2019 Bypass Failure

2. windows 1809 update: abject failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 1809 update: abject failure: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
  3. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  4. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  5. 2019-03 Update 1809

2019-03 Update 1809: Continuing messages that 'needs restart'. Have repeatedly restarted, sat thru install process--no error message, but install apparently fails as Update keeps showing 'needs restart'. I am not savvy enough to know what to do. Have tried to work thru KB4489868 but have no idea...
  6. Windows 10 update 1809 mar 2019

Windows 10 update 1809 mar 2019: I have constantly tried to update Windows 10 but to no avail. All I get is a screen saying """restarting """ with a circular revolving center . I have left my computer on in most cases for 4 to 8 hours , again to no avail. Please advise me as I am fed up with the non going...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Update Failure BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 Update Failure BSOD: So today (13/12/2018) the Windows update 1809 roll out for my device which is MSI GL62M-7RD. The process goes as usual where I being prompted to restart my device, the operation was going fine until the device suddenly restarting, it did pick off the last installation...
  8. More about Windows 10 Update Servicing Cadence

in Windows 10 News
    More about Windows 10 Update Servicing Cadence: [ATTACH] It’s been years since Microsoft has started releasing the Patch Tuesday. It is on the second Tuesday of every month that Microsoft releases the updates and bug fixes. John Wilcox from Microsoft recently published a detailed blog post about the [...] This post More...
  9. Windows 10 update servicing cadence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update servicing cadence: I’ve heard from many of you that you’d like a primer on our monthly Windows 10 quality update servicing cadence and terminology. In response, I’d like to share our guiding principles, then dive into them further to provide context for the quality updates themselves. Guiding...
  10. Windows 10 update servicing cadence

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update servicing cadence: I’ve heard from many of you that you’d like a primer on our monthly Windows 10 quality update servicing cadence and terminology. In response, I’d like to share our guiding principles, then dive into them further to provide context for the quality updates themselves. Guiding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bypass update 1809

2. bypass windows update 1809

3. bypasss update 1809