Windows 10: Windows 10 2020 does not allow Adobe Reader DC to install

Discus and support Windows 10 2020 does not allow Adobe Reader DC to install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Up till today Adobe Reader CD has performed well, installing and updating on all previous versions of Windows 10. Due to a catastrophic crash I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by reklaw#XD, Jun 13, 2020.

1. reklaw#XD Win User

Windows 10 2020 does not allow Adobe Reader DC to install

Up till today Adobe Reader CD has performed well, installing and updating on all previous versions of Windows 10.

Due to a catastrophic crash I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 and decided to down load the latest ISO 2020 for the install.

Following the install I downloaded latest Reader bt could not get it to install failed in the last section with error code. I tried the trouble shooter several times, no good. I tried all combinations of Administrator and running as previous versions of Windows, no good.

The pdf reader in IE and Edge is so limited it is effectively useless, hence the need for Adobe.

I found an earlier version of Reader on a backup disk and it installed and worked with no problems except when it tries to set the default app, just when it tries to auto update the update fails. I set the default app for PDF manually.

Has Microsoft inserted a trap in the 2020 version that blocks Adobe Reader forcing users to utilize their bundled software?

Was the 2020 vesion cobbled together by ex Vista team?

Is there a get around?

The pdf reader in IE and Edge is so limited it is effectively useless, hence the need for Adobe.

:)

reklaw#XD, Jun 13, 2020

2. Adobe Reader DC

Adobe Reader DC will not allow me to edit or add or remove details from a resume is there any way to work around the issues Adobe Reader DC has

YvonneDewberry1, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Adobe Reader DC

I am trying to edit and add to a resume however Adobe Reader DC does not allow my to this type of work on my desktop and is there a way to work around Adobe Reader DC?

YvonneDewberry1, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 2020 does not allow Adobe Reader DC to install

Adobe Reader not opening

I re-installed Adobe Reader DC. It worked for a few hours and then stopped working.

Windows diagnostics said the program is incompatible.

What should I try next?

AlbertHochhauser, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 2020 does not allow Adobe Reader DC to install

1. Windows 10 2020 does not allow Adobe Reader DC to install - Similar Threads - 2020 does allow

2. ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC: Hi, I've been getting popups from HP Solution Center that say ~ Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed. You can easily download and install this application for Internet Explorer at - AND...
  3. Adobe Acrobat reader DC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Acrobat reader DC: Hi, Can anyone please advise how to get Acrobat reader DC to open on my PC. When I try to open the app a message comes up that the exe. file can't be found. I have uninstalled and re installed the app numerous times. Any advise please. Thanks...
  4. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: February 11, 2020, Version 20.006.20034 This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. 150468
  5. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello I wont to Uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC A message comes up another programme is being installed please wait, this is just going on and on Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/22826dea-57a7-446e-a437-43778c997e92
  6. Adobe Reader DC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adobe Reader DC: I am trying to install a Adobe Reader DC for windows 10 and my PC is telling me to enter admin and password... But, my PC doesn't let me enter anything at all.... And the buttons under that are only NO...nothing else..... Can someone please HELP me with this problem... I...
  7. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997
  8. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997
  9. Problem with scan to computer after Adobe Reader DC installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with scan to computer after Adobe Reader DC installation: I have a Fuji Xerox printer, type CM205f. Everything worked normally, including scanning from the printer to computer/USB. This morning, I installed Acrobat Reader DC, and printed out some pdf files. Afterwards, I wanted to scan from the printer to computer (USB...
  10. Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC

Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC: I am having Adobe Reader. Should I go for Adobe DC. 43121