Windows 10: Windows 10 20H1 keeps displaying 7.1 speaker configuration in games.

Discus and support Windows 10 20H1 keeps displaying 7.1 speaker configuration in games. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In Windows and Realtek audio settings are both set to stereo and virtualization is turned off. submitted by /u/pmc64 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pmc64, Jul 2, 2020.

1. /u/pmc64 Win User

Windows 10 20H1 keeps displaying 7.1 speaker configuration in games.

In Windows and Realtek audio settings are both set to stereo and virtualization is turned off.

submitted by /u/pmc64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pmc64, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Speaker Configuration resets from 7.1 to Stereo after reboot

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 may have encountered a compatibility issue or a driver conflict. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue? Is it also happening prior to the 1709 update?
    • Is your speaker configuration went back to 2.0 after it has been set to 7.1 whenever you reboot your computer?
    • Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, have you also tried updating or rolling back your driver?

While we research further about this issue, we suggest that you perform the steps on this

article
    to see if there will be any changes on your computer.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Dams Win User
    Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Thanks for your help, my sound card is 7.1 compatible.
    I've always used my 5.1 system with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and always seen the output as rear speaker in the 5.1 configuration and not side speaker.

Anyway, I can use a 7.1 configuration with my 5.1 system, I just remove the side speakers in the Windows configuration.
    The problem is with this trick, some games now think I'm using a 7.1 system ! So I may miss some sounds.

I hope you understand, I don't speak English very often !

Dams, Jul 2, 2020
  4. FrancoisH Win User

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue, at least I think.

As described in my profile, my motherboard is an ASUS Z77 Extreme3D with a Codec Audio Realtek ALC898 embarked which support 7.1 configuration... But you need to be able to change one of the pin destination to do so...

I have 5.1 speakers, not 7.1... and only 5 pins on the back side... I generally switched the black role from rear to side speakers so I could use 5.1 config like Dolby defines it (as Side and not Rear speakers).

But since I went to Windows 10, I can no longer switch to a different selection for any of the pins... the driver won't allow it. So either I use 7.1 config with side unchecked, with probably a bit of a loss of quality in the sound... Or I switch to the 5.1 but I lose totally the side effect as my side connected to the black pin aren't used as the black thing is used for... rear and not side... It's a bit complicated, I admit, but very frustrating as well.

If you have any suggestion...

Kind regards.

FrancoisH, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H1 keeps displaying 7.1 speaker configuration in games. - Similar Threads - 20H1 keeps displaying

2. Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build: welp i'm finally gonna ask here since I'm too fed up with it at this point. Since win10 20H1 update my old display is awfully dim and my new asus monitor is too. Prior to the update and with rerolls I was able to get the monitor to run on full brightness and the SRGB settings...
  3. Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displays Dim and Inaccurate post Windows 10 20H1 build: welp i'm finally gonna ask here since I'm too fed up with it at this point. Since win10 20H1 update my old display is awfully dim and my new asus monitor is too. Prior to the update and with rerolls I was able to get the monitor to run on full brightness and the SRGB settings...
  4. Missing options in Windows 10 Speaker Configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing options in Windows 10 Speaker Configuration: Good Afternoon. I recently purchased a second hand computer for home use.On my previous machine, I was able to use a 5.1 system with it, using the speaker configuration within Windows.However, on this new machine I only have the option to use "Speakers" as the audio channel...
  5. Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20H1: Windows 10 20H1 has no ESD or OEM. Now if I have to re-install again with the same Windows 10 20 H1 ,its start all over again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-20h1/53f6c4f9-f3d2-4191-b589-90d07a03466c
  6. RAID 1 (Mirrored) and 20H1

RAID 1 (Mirrored) and 20H1: I am having the following problem in trying to set up a Mirrored RAID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d4481ae?page=2 Seems to be a 20H1 issue sure hope they fix it 155456
  7. Windows 10 20H1, turn off the display does not work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H1, turn off the display does not work.: Windows 10 20H1, turn off the display does not work. No matter how long 1 to 5 minutes vídeo does not turn off. Custom power plan , or default same problem, any help? [img] [img] [img] 151147
  8. Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10: I have read that Win 10 has the software to run a RAID 1 without a controller but it wasn't an option in Disk Management on my Windows 10 Home edition. Is this only a Win 10 Pro feature? If I buy an upgrade to convert my Home edition to Pro will 'mirroring' capability be...
  9. Bluetooth Speaker Configuration

Bluetooth Speaker Configuration: Hi, So i use a bluetooth surround sound device and wanted to switch the audio to surround 5.1 how ever i cant click the configure button to do so![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-speaker-configuration/016e02cf-be95-44fe-a77a-d2beb785f7d3
  10. Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers configuration keeps reverting to stereo: Hi there, I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809. When I click on "Configure" on Windows Sound, the speakers configuration will revert to stereo even after I have selected 5.1 speakers or 7.1 speakers. The issue also causes the sample rate to revert...