Windows 10: Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch

Discus and support Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft began testing out Windows 10 20H1 in February 2019 when the company offered it to those in the Skip Ahead ring of Windows Insider program.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 20, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch

Microsoft began testing out Windows 10 20H1 in February 2019 when the company offered it to those in the Skip Ahead ring of Windows Insider program.

For the first time, Microsoft publicly tested Windows 10’s major update for almost one year and the firm is now finally planning to roll it out to everyone soon.

As we have previously reported, Windows 10 20H1 could be released to the mainstream users in April or May. Microsoft has already finalized the update and the company is servicing 20H1 with important security fixes before pushing it out to Release Preview Ring.

Ahead of public rollout, Windows 10 version 2004 has received certification for Bluetooth 5.1. While this may mean that Windows 10 is fully compatible with Bluetooth 5.1, you cannot get the features of the new Bluetooth technology if you’re using an old adapter.

Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch Windows-10-20H1-Bluetooth.jpg

Bluetooth 5.1 isn’t a huge update with a lot of changes but there are some nifty improvements. In this new Bluetooth version, the connection happens faster due to the GATT caching enhancements and less energy is spent. It also includes general performance improvements.

Windows 10 will get Bluetooth EATT support

In related news, Microsoft is enabling support for Bluetooth 5.2 features in preview builds of an upcoming Windows 10 update.

Recent code references revealed that Windows 10 will support Enhanced Attribute Protocol (EATT), which is an improved version of the Attribute Protocol (ATT), but these changes will not land with 20H1 update.

According to Bluetooth SIG, EATT aims to provide an improved user experience
    on devices and it will also reduce the end-to-end latency.

What comes after 20H1

After 20H1, Microsoft plans to start working on next feature update for Windows 10, codenamed 20H2. The next-next update is due for release in late 2020 and we’ve heard that Microsoft wants Windows 10 20H2 to focus mostly on under-the-hood refinements.

You can expect 20H2 to focus more on polishing the rough areas of the operating system, rather than on new features.

At the moment, it’s not clear whether or not Bluetooth EATT improvements will ship with Windows 10’s fall 2020 update.

Windows 10 20H1 comes with several new features including Cloud Recovery, Windows Search algorithm, new Cortana experience, and nifty improvements.

The post Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 20, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Jan 20, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jan 20, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Bluetooth 3.0 Launches on April 21st

The anticipated Bluetooth 3.0 is gearing up to be launched this month. Set to be released on the 21st of April, the third Bluetooth specification will offer improved speeds, though they're not yet finally specified. Bluetooth 3.0 will be backward compatible with older Bluetooth standards. Most importantly Bluetooth 3.0 will use 802.11 protocol to transfer data. This will allow devices to pair through an 802.11 protocol and if there is no Wi-Fi detected, older Bluetooth standard will be used. The new Bluetooth specification will also add Enhanced Power Control - a feature that is said to reduce the number of disconnects between the paired devices and this way save the battery life. Later this month, when Bluetooth 3.0 is finally announced, the Bluetooth SIG will probably start making a list of manufacturers that will incorporate the new technology.

Source: Neowin

malware, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H1 shows up on Bluetooth SIG ahead of launch - Similar Threads - 20H1 shows Bluetooth

2. Sig-In Activity............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sig-In Activity............: Hi,People from different countries and continents try to log into my Windows:What is the difference between tentative 1 and 2 circled in red?Thanks you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sig-in-activity/da939ea3-08bf-4c1c-b98e-35cce7e5e57e
  3. Sig-In Activity............

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sig-In Activity............: Hi,People from different countries and continents try to log into my Windows:What is the difference between tentative 1 and 2 circled in red?Thanks you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sig-in-activity/da939ea3-08bf-4c1c-b98e-35cce7e5e57e
  4. bluetooth not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth not showing up: i tried all the steps from troubleshooting to uninstalling the driver, to restarting the service, but bluetooth stil does not work. After uninstalling bluetooth driver, it disappeared from the device manager and i dont know what else to do to get bluetooth back up again...
  5. bluetooth not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluetooth not showing up: i tried all the steps from troubleshooting to uninstalling the driver, to restarting the service, but bluetooth stil does not work. After uninstalling bluetooth driver, it disappeared from the device manager and i dont know what else to do to get bluetooth back up again...
  6. windows 10 20H1 bluetooth issue

windows 10 20H1 bluetooth issue: after updating to windows 10 20H1 update my laptop is no longer discoverable by any bluetooth device and every settings and options required are selected and turned on, and if i go add device and it shows my bluetooth device name when i click on it to connect it takes some...
  7. Bluetooth not showing up on Windows 10 in a bluetooth notebook

Bluetooth not showing up on Windows 10 in a bluetooth notebook: My notebook Acer Ethos 8951G has a built in bluetooth adapter. It always worked well until some weeks ago that I noticed that no bluetooth was present anymore. Originally the notebook came with Windows 7 and then was done a clean install of windows 10 home. Bluetooth was...
  8. Bluetooth not showing up

Bluetooth not showing up: I had previously used bluetooth on my windows 10 laptop but now the toggle to turn it on isn't there. It's not showing up in action centre and when i run a troubleshoot it says bluetooth is not supported even though i used to use it....
  9. Bluetooth SIG PTS Dongle Drivers don't work in Windows 10

Bluetooth SIG PTS Dongle Drivers don't work in Windows 10: Hi, I have this exact problem described here, and absolutely nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drivers-for-usb-device-only-work-in-safe-mode/907082d3-2535-4dfe-8a97-3126d80732b6 Can someone from Microsoft help with this?...
  10. More Users Move to Windows XP Ahead of Windows 10 Launch

in Windows 10 News
    More Users Move to Windows XP Ahead of Windows 10 Launch: Windows XP support was ended in April 2014, and yet, more than 18 percent of the world's PCs are still running it, according to a new batch of stats provided by market share analyst NetMarketShare. No less than 18.93 percent of the computers in the world are currently...