Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 & 21H1 May & June Cumulative Updates break Realtek Audio & Windows Sound /...

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 & 21H1 May & June Cumulative Updates break Realtek Audio & Windows Sound /... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This past week I had a pending Windows 10 20H2 update that I delayed rebooting for a few days... upon rebooting, I completely lost sound without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bigjohnsta, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 & 21H1 May & June Cumulative Updates break Realtek Audio & Windows Sound /...

This past week I had a pending Windows 10 20H2 update that I delayed rebooting for a few days... upon rebooting, I completely lost sound without any output devices and had the red circle X in my system tray over the volume icon.I have tried all of the following that did NOT resolve this:Uninstalled, Reinstalled Realtek drivers from Device Manager & RebootedUninstalled Realtek drivers and Reinstalled via my Motherboard's Manufacturer website driver AsRock Z370 Extreme4Ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth with no success.Ran sfc /scannow with no successRan chkdsk /f /r with n

:)

bigjohnsta, Jun 19, 2021

2. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
    bro, first of all....big thanx to dj urko...been following this thread...
    can i install this on my HP laptop which has realtek hardware id as mentioned down below
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164

It comes with inbuilt DTS sound + from HP
    i'm currently using latest driver 8152.

Sai Sreekantt M, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Fabiano Win User

Windows 10 20H2 & 21H1 May & June Cumulative Updates break Realtek Audio & Windows Sound /...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I have the lastest build 15063.332 with alc1220 and still can't get DTS or DD over optical with the latest asus drivers.

Fabiano, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 & 21H1 May & June Cumulative Updates break Realtek Audio & Windows Sound /...

1. Windows 10 20H2 & 21H1 May & June Cumulative Updates break Realtek Audio & Windows Sound /... - Similar Threads - 20H2 21H1 May

2. Realtek update breaks audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek update breaks audio: Hi,When windows update downloads a realtek update, the audio breaks and my laptop doesn't play any sound I mean it plays but no sound from speakers/headphones. I can only fix it by using system restore. But it keeps happening. I can't stop windows update forever so I need a...
  3. Realtek update breaks audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek update breaks audio: Hi,When windows update downloads a realtek update, the audio breaks and my laptop doesn't play any sound I mean it plays but no sound from speakers/headphones. I can only fix it by using system restore. But it keeps happening. I can't stop windows update forever so I need a...
  4. Can't update Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1: I'm trying to update to 21H1 from 20H2 but after numerous attempts, it still won't work! I'm on a dual boot laptop. I've tried: unplugged everything USB. checked for updates Windows Update. updated applications 5. ran sfc didn't find any issues. ran chkdsk. ran Windows Update...
  5. Windows will not update to 20H2 or 21H1

Windows will not update to 20H2 or 21H1: My Windows is stuck on Version 1909 Build 18363.1556I have tried all standard troubleshooting, as well as sfc, driver updates, updating via MCT and Windows Update Assistant. None have worked. Sometimes it returns the error code "0XC1900101 – 0x20017. Installation Failed in...
  6. Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update

Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Sir, This is Gavin. I heard that today i.e. 11 May, 2021 Microsoft was going to launch New Version of Windows 10: 21H1 / May 2021 Update. I checked Microsoft Website https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 its still showing...
  7. Windows update breaks Realtek audio on gigabyte motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update breaks Realtek audio on gigabyte motherboard: So this is more of a "to let you know" than a question.... So a security update has broken a function within the gigabyte realtek audio settings where one could have separate audio for speakers to your headphones. The issue is that this update has screwed up jack detection...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 update breaks windows update.

Windows 10 20H2 update breaks windows update.: After updating to windows 10 20H2, windows update is stuck at checking for updates. Every time I try to shutdown or restart it always says update and shutdown and update and restart which takes forever to shutdown and restart the computer. I have restarted the PC a few times...
  9. Cumulative update to 1909 may break IP networking?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cumulative update to 1909 may break IP networking?: Yesterday pc applied the latest windows update, I believe was a cumulative patch for 1909, bringing the build to 18363.592. Today, when I started to use the PC all networking came to a halt, and the computer made various complaints about misconfigured IP settings. Wifi was...
  10. Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices: The June 2019 cumulative updates are now available for all supported versions of Windows and the focus of the patches is specifically on security improvements. Windows 10 May 2019 Update is receiving KB4503293 which brings up Build 18362.175. On the other hand, Windows 10...