Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 - automatically checking for updates although it's disabled

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 - automatically checking for updates although it's disabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,we just started to update some of our 1909 Windows devices to 20H2. Since we are using SCCM, we don't want devices to check online for updates, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TamaraVoss, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 20H2 - automatically checking for updates although it's disabled

Hi,we just started to update some of our 1909 Windows devices to 20H2. Since we are using SCCM, we don't want devices to check online for updates, so we disabled that via GPO. It all worked as it should before, but for devices that run 20H2, although the GPOs apply without error and the registry keys show they are applied, the devices check for updates.Why is that? How can we stop that? What are we missing? Can anybody help?

:)

TamaraVoss, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 15, 2021
  4. bigscale Win User

Windows 10 20H2 - automatically checking for updates although it's disabled

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 - automatically checking for updates although it's disabled

1. Windows 10 20H2 - automatically checking for updates although it's disabled - Similar Threads - 20H2 automatically checking

2. Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates: In our environment, we are using Windows 10 20H2/21H2 enterprise. Automatic updates and access to all other Windows updates option is disabled by Group Policy Objects. Updates are deployed via SCCM in our environment.We have noticed that on few machines the Microsoft updates...
  3. Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates: In our environment, we are using Windows 10 20H2/21H2 enterprise. Automatic updates and access to all other Windows updates option is disabled by Group Policy Objects. Updates are deployed via SCCM in our environment.We have noticed that on few machines the Microsoft updates...
  4. Microsoft Updates are still installing although GPO has disabled the Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Home checks updates and installs them even when automatic updates are disabled

Windows 10 Home checks updates and installs them even when automatic updates are disabled: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Hoe box that is used unattended. When I configured it, I added AU key in registry and protected them so that Windows updates are not installed and machine is not reboot automatically.Even, I have a software called "Windows Updates Blocker" which...
  6. Windows 10 high system data used.. Although I disabled automatic windows update..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 high system data used.. Although I disabled automatic windows update..: [ATTACH] what to do now.. Windows 10 high system data used.. Although I disabled automatic windows update.. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-high-system-data-used-although-i/6a91be2c-0266-49d8-9901-280dfdf39b85
  7. Windows 10 20H2 update not automatic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2 update not automatic?: Why is Windows 10 20H2 update not automatic? It appears to me on windows update but I need to manually click "Download and Install" for it to install. Last time I did that, my pc was stuck in a "undoing changes done to your computer" boot loop and I had to do a fresh install....
  8. Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable Windows 10 Automatic updates: Windows 10 updates automatically,no matter what.Countless users have complained it damages their system and want to completely stop them from happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-windows-10-automatic-updates/ba0781f4-83fe-4519-a587-99646c19e571
  9. Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates: I did a Clean Install a few days ago & want to disable Automatic Updates. I know I can by using these steps: 1. Press Windows key + R, type gpedit.msc & press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, to run the Group Policy Editor as an Admin. 2. Navigate to Computer Configuration >...
  10. Windows update not checking automatically for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update not checking automatically for updates: Came to check my secondary machine which usually remains locked but powered on and windows update said your device is up to date last checked 06/08/15 at 23:01, today is 12/08/15. Anyone else seeing this? 15477