Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 Backup issue

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 Backup issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had nop issues with Windows 10 Backups until I got Build 20H2 and it doesn't matter what size Hard Drive I use I am advised that the Backup could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grantus0, Jan 26, 2021.

1. grantus0 Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Backup issue

I had nop issues with Windows 10 Backups until I got Build 20H2 and it doesn't matter what size Hard Drive I use I am advised that the Backup could not finish because I had not sufficient space on my Hard Drive.

I have tried several size Hard Drives getting larger all the time ...... No joy there. Just the same message - Insufficient Space, etc.

Can you please this issue as it seems I am not the only person with this issue. Perhaps go back to how it used to work, oh so well, before 20H2.

Thank you

PS. If I cannot back up this can be a BIG PROBLEM.

:)

grantus0, Jan 26, 2021
  2. OldNavyGuy, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Bokenzhe Win User
    Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Windows 10 20H2 Backup issue [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Meghana C Win User

issue with backup options Windows 10

Hi David,

I will certainly help with the issue you are facing with backup option.

To assist you better, kindly provide the information:

• How exactly are you trying to perform back up? Is it from the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) or File History?

• Which drive have you selected to back up? Is it an external drive or a network drive or a local drive of the system?

• When you say 'only allows me to do another backup with the same options', which options are you referring to?

• Are you unable to select a different drive for a backup from the backup destination list?
    If you are using a Backup and Restore (Windows 7) option then, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Type backup and restore in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on setup backup option.

• Click on refresh button to check if the drives are visible in the
      backup destination list.

• Choose the drive which you want to back up and click on
      next.
    If you are trying to use file history I suggest you to un-plug it and restart your computer. Re-plug the external drive and check if the file history options are available.

Please get back to us with the information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H2 Backup issue - Similar Threads - 20H2 Backup issue

2. sleep issue in windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    sleep issue in windows 10 20H2: Laptop not going to sleep but only get locked while we apply sleep command from start -> Power -> sleep.But If i restart laptop and try to put laptop in sleep, without login of users, laptop going sleep properly.as per my diagnose issue come after once user logged in laptop...
  3. Windows 10 Update to 20H2 issues?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update to 20H2 issues?: Hi! So I’m trying to update my HP 250 G5 notebook with a Intel i3-5 to the latest Windows 10 update. Upon beginning the installation of 20H2, everything runs fine and normal, until the computer does one of the restarts it usually does out of random while updating. After it...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 update issues

Windows 10 20H2 update issues: I have attempted the Windows 10 20H2 update multiple times with the same issue each time I do. I cannot open documents on my external hard drive with the update. I can reinstall the previous version of Windows 10 and all works as to be expected. Has any one else experienced...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 issues

Windows 10 20H2 issues: My PC forced an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.804, with very negative results, some details below*. The immediate question is that it is now offering an additonal, optional upgrade upon shutdown, so should I take that or hesitate because it might just put...
  6. window 10 update 20H2 issue

window 10 update 20H2 issue: how fix 20H2 update 61% hang problem... easy solution required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-update-20h2-issue/4b0e53b0-0d4f-4844-a063-d4e9a3acda54
  7. Windows 10 20H2 Printing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 Printing Issue: Hi, i am facing an issue on my Windows 10 version 20H2. I am using remote desktop connection and connected to my company server, I am using account software to print invoice, when the printing started, I minimise the remote desktop connection windows, then i open edge browser...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 fingerprint issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2 fingerprint issue: Hello, I just update my XPS 9570 from windows 10 2004 to 20H2, since this, the fingerprint sensor (goodfix) don't work anymore, it's now impossible to log with windows hello. I checked if the driver of the sensor was up to date, it was. The sensor is detected in the device...
  9. Windows 10 20H2 Issue

Windows 10 20H2 Issue: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 20H2, I have been having issues with Windows Update. It is stuck on Please Wait while searching for the latest updates. Not only that, when I go to shut down the compupter, it is still giving me the option to update and shutdown or update...
  10. Windows 10 Backup Issues

Windows 10 Backup Issues: I am unable to tell if my backups are being done correctly, since the Win 10 update. I use an external hard drive for my backups. After I run a backup, I cannot see the updated files on my backup drive. I also cannot see the file history being updated after backups. I have...