Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool)

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When ever you try to copy a file or shortcut to c:\ or even Desktop file explorer crashes. with the following error in the logs. Faulting application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Doug R James, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool)

When ever you try to copy a file or shortcut to c:\ or even Desktop file explorer crashes. with the following error in the logs.

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x996782f8Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015Exception code: 0x0eedfadeFault offset: 0x000000000002d759Faulting process id: 0x1524Faulting application start time: 0x01d6ce7132ed974eFaulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dllReport Id: f3b5f97b-208f-4c39-a3b0-e4f9e62310c9Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

it is only if you do a CLEAN installl...

:)

Doug R James, Dec 9, 2020

2. Windows Media Creation Tool Error 0x80070079-0xA001A

Your USB thumb drive needs to be at least 8 GBs.

The error code 0x80070079-0xA001A means that the tool doesn't have permission for it to run. For us to assist you, we suggest that you
    follow the simple steps listed below:

• Right-click on the Media Creation Tool.exe.

• Press Properties.

• Click on General.

• At the bottom, click on Unblock.

• Press Apply, and then OK.
    Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

You can also download the ISO first using the Media Creation Tool, then create a bootable copy. Yes, you can use it to perform clean install.

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool)

Problems upgrading to Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool.

Hi Abel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which operating system are you currently running on your computer?

• Is you’re your anti-virus utility software disabled?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the steps provided below and
    check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows
    10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or
      experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced
      boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below, in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

I also suggest you to refer to the link below for more information about downloading Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool)

1. Windows 10 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL (From Media Creation Tool) - Similar Threads - 20H2 CLEAN INSTALL

2. installing windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing windows 10 media creation tool: My son gave me an older Dell laptop. It is stripped down but has windows 7 professional on it. The laptop is stuck on Administrator then asks for password. He can't remember the password. I have tried everything to get out of it. I downloaded Windows 10 media creation tool,...
  3. installing windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing windows 10 media creation tool: My son gave me an older Dell laptop. It is stripped down but has windows 7 professional on it. The laptop is stuck on Administrator then asks for password. He can't remember the password. I have tried everything to get out of it. I downloaded Windows 10 media creation tool,...
  4. Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool 20H2 does not work: I have Win 10 Pro 20H2 19042.906 installed, and I am trying to use the Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 .iso file. The tool progresses to the point where it shows "Downloading Windows 10", but the progress remains at 0%. I've tried several times, saving both the...
  5. windows 10 20h2 media creation tool stuck on 31%

windows 10 20h2 media creation tool stuck on 31%: As my laptop was continuously showing windows 10 - 20H2 update but was getting stuck at 61% then I talked with Microsoft live chat assistant he shared a link about MCT media creation tool and said to follow all steps nowy laptop is stuck at 31% and nowhere to go....
  6. media creation tool 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media creation tool 20H2: When media creation tool 20H2 is downloaded then run it flashes with no progress. How do you fix media creation tool so that it runs? Does the directory need to be switched? If so how to you run once the directory is switched? The media creation tool was downloaded 5...
  7. About the 20H2 Media Creation tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About the 20H2 Media Creation tool: Last week i tried to format my PC due to some technical probs like file corruption and crashes due to drivers. Usually i would stick to media creation tool but i didnt expect the media creation tool to be somewhat problamatic part from the usb installation thingy. The problem...
  8. Is 20H2 media creation tool bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 20H2 media creation tool bugged?: I've been trying to clean install windows 10 via the media creation tool, and every single time as soon as the desktop appears, multiple "an app default was reset" notifications pop up despite no new apps being installed yet. This happens across multiple clean installs every...
  9. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool: I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is...
  10. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...