Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 disabled my headset audio.

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 disabled my headset audio. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So about an hour ago I updated Windows 10 to the latest version, and right after the update finished I noticed that I don't get any audio from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/1stunqu, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 20H2 disabled my headset audio.

So about an hour ago I updated Windows 10 to the latest version, and right after the update finished I noticed that I don't get any audio from my headset.

Thing is, I've tried to play audio from my speakers and it works just fine, it's apparently just the headset that is affected. Also the headset mic works fine.

I have a Corsair HS50 PRO Stereo headset, I've checked every driver and they're all up to date, Windows troubleshooting expectedly didn't help, the Corsair help page relating this issue didn't help, I've tried restarting the Windows audio and the Corsair audio services, I've even tried updating the iCUE software to the latest version and that didn't help either, the connections between the headset and the PC are fine, I'm all out of options, really.

I really don't know what to do, and I'm considering downgrading back to version 1903 although I'd like to not have to do that.

submitted by /u/1stunqu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/1stunqu, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Windows 10 20H2 disabled my headset audio. [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 20H2 disabled my headset audio.

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 disabled my headset audio.

1. Windows 10 20H2 disabled my headset audio. - Similar Threads - 20H2 disabled headset

2. No headset audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No headset audio.: My wireless razer kraken kitty headset is giving me no audio on teams unless im using its mic as the output device, I am trying to use my quadcast X for the mic and the bluetooth on on the kraken cuts out or becomes robotic sounding but then i get no audio, teams is...
  3. No headset audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No headset audio.: My wireless razer kraken kitty headset is giving me no audio on teams unless im using its mic as the output device, I am trying to use my quadcast X for the mic and the bluetooth on on the kraken cuts out or becomes robotic sounding but then i get no audio, teams is...
  4. Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling of laptop keyboard in windows 10 20H2: My Laptop's built-in keyboard is an issue of automatic key pressing, since one year I disable it by update the driver with a random manufactures keyboard's driver. But after the latest windows 10 updateversion 20H2 my key board automatically enable and when i again update the...
  5. Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows disables Spatial Audio most times my headset is turned on and a game is started: I've been bashing my head against the wall for hours trying to figure this issue out that I've been dealing with for months. I have Dolby Access that I use for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. I have the latest version of Dolby Access installed and my headset is on the latest...
  6. Disable the Windows Defender on Windows 10 20H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the Windows Defender on Windows 10 20H2: Hi How do I completely disable the Windows Defender Firewall/Antivirus on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170058
  7. No headset audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No headset audio?: My old headset cord broke so I got a new one and now when I plug the cord in the sound comes from my speakers. There is no headset option in playback devices but the headset option in my device manager is grayed out. Also my computer has soundblaster not realtek. submitted...
  8. Windows 10 My audio is only on my headset

Windows 10 My audio is only on my headset: I have a wireless headset that I use to play games with, but today when I was switching from my headset to my speakers my speakers just stopped working and would broadcast the speaker's audio to the headset. Please help....
  9. no audio from my headset

no audio from my headset: there is no audio in my headset for myself but only game chat in fortnite and discord calls I cant listen to movies or youtube audio or even game audio its pretty frustrating at this point and when I go to sound settings it says that there audio coming from my headset but...
  10. Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops

Headset Audio On Windows 10 Laptops: When plugging my headset into my laptop, the laptop does not acknowledge or detect the headset's microphone. The headsets audio works fine, however, the laptop using its own integrated microphone. I have made sure the audio drivers are up to date, checked if the microphone...