Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 frequently terminates RDC attempts

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 frequently terminates RDC attempts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating my desktop computer to version 20H2, it now likes to terminate RDC attempts from my laptop even before the actual desktop can appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by icelava, Nov 22, 2020.

1. icelava Win User

Windows 10 20H2 frequently terminates RDC attempts

After updating my desktop computer to version 20H2, it now likes to terminate RDC attempts from my laptop even before the actual desktop can appear.

[Window Title]

Remote Desktop Connection

[Content]

Your Remote Desktop Services session has ended, possibly for one of the following reasons:

The administrator has ended the session.

An error occurred while the connection was being established.

A network problem occurred.

For help solving the problem, see "Remote Desktop" in Help and Support.

[OK] [Help]

This was not a problem prior to this feature update. Now I have to wait random duration of time for the computer to get over its "moodiness" before I can RDC in normally. What's making the RDP on that computer terminate connections?

Extra note: If I use RDC Manager as the client, it reports a disconnection reason 17. But there isn't any documented error code for that.

:)

icelava, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 RDC connection issues

Hi all, I have a weird issue with Remote Desktop after upgrading my target computer to Windows 10. Ever since the upgrade, I am unable to maintain my RDC connection to the just upgraded Windows 10 PC more than a few seconds (a minute at most). After a few
    seconds, the connection gets dropped and I get the message that my RDC session was terminated because another user connected to the computer.

Facts: Both PCs run Windows 10, the Remote Desktop Settings configuration on both PCs have not changed at all since upgrading from Windows 8.1 (RDC worked just fine) and there is no one else logging into the remote system (this is a home network). I would
    appreciate any thoughts on this because it's driving me crazy. One thing that could be causing this is the fact that the target computer does not have a password set for the local admin account (test machine) but this is exactly how it was setup in Windows
    8.1 as well.

I'd appreciate any ideas; thank you for your time.

Nick Katagas, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 20H2 frequently terminates RDC attempts

RDC from windows 10 to 7 with multiple monitors

Hi Brent,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows 10 of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the drivers are updated as well?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your RDC window?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlos Tin, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 frequently terminates RDC attempts

1. Windows 10 20H2 frequently terminates RDC attempts - Similar Threads - 20H2 frequently terminates

2. Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset: One of my older PCs was getting filled with bloatware and I felt like I should reset it to just clear it up.Once it got to 25% on "Installing Windows", it entered a boot loop that is described below:Once the PC gets past the initial boot, it returns to saying "Welcome" under...
  3. Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset: One of my older PCs was getting filled with bloatware and I felt like I should reset it to just clear it up.Once it got to 25% on "Installing Windows", it entered a boot loop that is described below:Once the PC gets past the initial boot, it returns to saying "Welcome" under...
  4. Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10, Version 20H2 failed install attempt 0xc1900104

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, Version 20H2 failed install attempt 0xc1900104: I am receiving the following error in my setuperr.log file after a failed Windows update2021-07-05 15:54:11, Error CONX aeinv: ERROR,GetAppInventory,102,Inventory already running: [0x800700aa]excerpt from setupact.log shows the following:2021-07-05 15:54:11, Info CONX...
  6. RDC question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC question.: Hello.I have an end user who is trying to remote in to one of our workstations using RDP through a Citrix session. It needs to display on both monitors, but can only display on one through RDP. I selected 'Use all my monitors for remote session', but it did not solve the...
  7. RDC

RDC: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home laptop to Windows 10 Pro so I could use RDP/RDC between my home desktop and home laptop. I am presently unable to RDC my Win 10 Pro laptop to my Win 10 Pro desktop or vice versa. Details: -I have tried connecting from both directions;...
  8. BSOD attempting to upgrade to Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD attempting to upgrade to Win10 20H2: Hi Community I'd really appreciate your help trying to solve my upgrade problems. Currently on Win10 1909. Upgrade to 2004 always failed and now upgrade to 20H2 is consistently failing with a DPC Watchdog violation error each time and then update rolls back. I tried MS...
  9. RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password

RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password: I recently updated my sandbox VM from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the updating tool that pops up next to your clock, but since doing this when I connect to the VM through RDC my RDC client (MSTSC) no longer stores my credentials, even though I keep the box ticked, and I have...
  10. Revert to RDC 2.7 on Windows 10

Revert to RDC 2.7 on Windows 10: RDC in Windows 10 presents an unreadable host screen image for my eyes. The Microsoft solution is to zoom in, which only gives bigger fuzzy characters and requires constant panning to bring off screen parts of the desktop on screen. RDC on Windows 8.1 was beautiful. The host...