Windows 10: Windows 10 20h2 hangs on shutdown.

Discus and support Windows 10 20h2 hangs on shutdown. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have done a clean install of windows 10 20h2 and have download and installed all the updates, the Problem I am facing is when I shutdown my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MATTHEW60, Apr 21, 2021.

1. MATTHEW60 Win User

Windows 10 20h2 hangs on shutdown.

Hello,

I have done a clean install of windows 10 20h2 and have download and installed all the updates, the Problem I am facing is when I shutdown my laptop windows 10 say getting windows ready do not turn you computer off, this all that happens windows does not shutdown.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

:)

MATTHEW60, Apr 21, 2021
  2. zinou Win User

Windows 10 hangs indefinitely on shutdown

Enable verbose boot/shtdown

Windows will display the name of the service or program that hangs during the shutdown;

1. open the policy editor => type gpedit.msc in the start menu;
    2. Expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates, and then click System.
    3. In the right pane, double-click Display highly detailed status messages;
    4. Click Enabled > OK.
    5. shutdown the computer and check the displayed messages.

Windows 10 20h2 hangs on shutdown. [​IMG]

zinou, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

No, that's rocket science. I'm posting with 10 already, so the problem was solved two days ago...Thank you.

The Windows 7 shutdown screen simply decided to hang and I finally did a hard shutdown and started it up again, after which it was painless.

required name required as well, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Martin_TP Win User

Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

If your HP Pavilion has a fingerprint reader, you need to disable it. In my case fingerprint reader and system service for this device caused Windows 10 to hang on shutdown or restart (Blue screen with “Restarting” or “Shutting down” message and dots
    circling around. After some time dots freeze and system hangs). I assume you have the same problem with Windows 10 and HP Pavilion.

To fix this issue after installing Windows 10 go to:

• Computer Management > Device Manager
    Find "Biometric devices" and disable "Validity Sensors (WBF) ....."

• Computer Management > Services and Applications > Services
    Find "Validity WBF Policy Service", disable this service and change "Startup type" in properties to "Disabled".

For the first time after this change system can hang up again. Turn off the computer (power switch) and turn on again. Now Windows should restart and shutdown properly.

Martin_TP, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20h2 hangs on shutdown. - Similar Threads - 20h2 hangs shutdown

2. windows 10 hangs at boot and shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 hangs at boot and shutdown: please please help me , my computer was just fine but lately it gets stuck on restart or turn off , sometimes it gets alot of time like more than 1 hour , sometimes i have to hard turn it off , i make sure to turn off Wifi before turning it off and i unplug it , please i just...
  3. windows update 20H2 hangs at 88%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 20H2 hangs at 88%: i tried updating my laptopwindows 10 yesterday around 8pm . By 12 am it was around 50% updatedso i could not turn of my computer i was up whole night to keep a check on my computerin the morning it showed 88% percent and my pc got disconnected from wifi afterwards i tried...
  4. Windows 10 hangs indefinitely on shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hangs indefinitely on shutdown: Hi, I did a clean install of Windows 10 about 15 days ago for a new computer build. Here are the specs: Windows 10 version 20H2 OS Build 19042.685 CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900XT MB: ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS RAM: 4x16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz SSD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB...
  5. Windows 20H2 - update & restart/shutdown only ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20H2 - update & restart/shutdown only ?: Hi with Windows 1903 when an update needed a restart to apply, in the power button menu, i had only the choice "Update &restart" or "Shutdown & restart" wich was perfect because users cannot bypass the udpates installation with 20H2 now user have the option listed so the...
  6. Windows 10 randomly hangs at shutdown or reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 randomly hangs at shutdown or reboots: The hanging occurs after everything is closed. Even in the event manager, I can see "Operating System was stopped at xx:xx". When the hangs occurs, the screen is black with no signal, the CPU fan starts to spin faster and faster, meaning the CPU seems to be at 100%. This...
  7. Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown: Hi! This is my first time with the forums. I have been experiencing an issue for quite some time. When I shutdown my PC it goes through all the usual things (shuts down usb periphs. monitors, etc) and then you would expect it to turn off right?; Except.. it doesn't..... not...
  8. Windows hangs on shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hangs on shutdown/restart: I just built a new PC. Upgraded my Windows license because my free upgrade to Windows 10 was from a Windows 7 OEM, Installed the mobo drivers (as best I could, see below), installed GPU drivers, etc. Issues: 1) Whenever I try and shut down, the system hangs on the blue...
  9. Windows 10 hanging on shutdown, can't locate the issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hanging on shutdown, can't locate the issue.: Hello everyone, For the past few days Windows 10 has been hanging at shutdown. The symptoms are as follows: When shutting down the computer, it'll make it past the shutdown screen, my monitor will turn off and display "No Signal" which is normal, although the computer will...
  10. Windows hangs following normal shutdown procedure

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hangs following normal shutdown procedure: After using the start/power options to shut down the PC it goes into the clue background screen with the revolving circle of white dots and just stays like hat for hours. 55468

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 HANGING ON SHUTDOWN

2. windows 10 20h2 hanging at shutdown