Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 has broken Windows Hello facial recognition login on Surface Book

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 has broken Windows Hello facial recognition login on Surface Book in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I recently installed Windows 10 20H2 the facial recognition login no longer works on my Surface Book. I checked Device Manager and noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ian Harkins, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 20H2 has broken Windows Hello facial recognition login on Surface Book

Since I recently installed Windows 10 20H2 the facial recognition login no longer works on my Surface Book.

I checked Device Manager and noticed that the following devices have all been stopped with the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43".

• Biometric Devices
      • Windows Hello Face Software Device
    • Sensors
      • HID Sensor Collection V2
    • System devices
      • Surface Base Firmware Update
      • Surface Dial Detection
      • Surface Keyboard Backlight
      • Surface Pen Pairing

Has anyone else had these problems? I've checked the latest Surface Book drivers and there aren't any new drivers.

Any idea as to how I fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

:)

Ian Harkins, Nov 6, 2020

2. Hello Facial Recognition

Does the new Surface Book 2 have Hello Facial Recognition?

AnnGuariniello, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Gil deG Win User
    hello facial recognition in surface book 2 studio mode

Hi Tony,

For us to better know your concern regarding Windows Hello facial recognition on your Surface Book 2, we'd like to ask some information.

- When did the issue start?

- What is the build and version of your Windows 10? you can check that by pressing the Windows button and typing "winver" then press Enter.

- What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to fix the issue?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Windows 10 20H2 has broken Windows Hello facial recognition login on Surface Book

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 20H2 has broken Windows Hello facial recognition login on Surface Book

1. Windows 10 20H2 has broken Windows Hello facial recognition login on Surface Book - Similar Threads - 20H2 has broken

2. facial recognition windows hello isn't working in galaxy book 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    facial recognition windows hello isn't working in galaxy book 2: On my device sign-in options, Facial Recognition Windows Hello, it keeps showing that "This option is currently unavailable and we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". why? I have the latest system, and it still does not support facial recognition....
  3. facial recognition windows hello isn't working in galaxy book 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    facial recognition windows hello isn't working in galaxy book 2: On my device sign-in options, Facial Recognition Windows Hello, it keeps showing that "This option is currently unavailable and we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". why? I have the latest system, and it still does not support facial recognition....
  4. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  5. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  6. Windows Hello Facial recognition not working

Windows Hello Facial recognition not working: Hey everyone,my windows 11 hello facial recognition is not working. As you can see below in the picture, my fingerprint are working perfectly but the facial recognition is not working. I don't know why?i have tried every method available in YouTube and online. but...
  7. Windows Hello Facial Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition: Its been 5 months since I bought my pc. I always update it when updates are available but Windows Hello Face is always unavailable. Can this issue be solved??...
  8. Surface Book facial recognition lets in my boyfriend too?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book facial recognition lets in my boyfriend too?: My surface book's facial recognition seems to be seriously malfunctioning. For the past maybe 6 months could be longer, my boyfriend's face quickly unlocks my computer, which we noticed when he opened my computer once to watch a movie. We look nothing at all alike but it lets...
  9. Windows 10 Hello facial recognition feature

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Hello facial recognition feature: Recently I was forced to do a complete recovery of my HP laptop. Prior to that recovery the facial recognition feature worked fine. But since the recovery, I cannot get it to function again. I have gone to settings: accounts; sign in options; and attempted to get it...
  10. Windows 10 -Windows Hello Facial Recognition has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 -Windows Hello Facial Recognition has stopped working: I have a dell Inspiron 24 5475 All in One Pc. It has Windows Hello facial Recognition and an Integrated Camera This login application worked from the very beginning but since Windows Update 1903 it has stopped working and the message comes up that it cannot find the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 hello broken