Windows 10: Windows 10 20H2 Legit Died, Any Ideas to A Fix?

Discus and support Windows 10 20H2 Legit Died, Any Ideas to A Fix? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I need some help with some issues I'm getting with the 20H2 version of Windows 10 Home 64-bit on my ASUS Laptop. First off, this was an accident... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Grudge70, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Grudge70 Win User

Windows 10 20H2 Legit Died, Any Ideas to A Fix?

Hey, I need some help with some issues I'm getting with the 20H2 version of Windows 10 Home 64-bit on my ASUS Laptop. First off, this was an accident and I didn't mean to install this update, I'd like to uninstall the update and run and an older version, but that's when I notice the first issue.

When I tried to open the start menu and go to settings to reverse the update thestart menu wouldn't open, I couldn't use Cortana, search, or any of that stuff. Ican't even turn off my PC through Windows. I've already gone through hours and hours of troubleshooting to try and fix that problem SFC scan in PowerShell, Windows Safe Mode, etc but nothing seems to fix it. Ican't use wireless Bluetooth or WiFi either. Luckily, at home, it seems to connect to my WiFi without any issues, but I can't open Windows WiFi Settings to change or monitor my WiFi.Audio is also broken for Windows, I can't turn up, down, mute my audio through the Windows audio menueven though the audio icon appears with an X by it or the Hotkeys on my keyboard.

One last small issue I had was when I went to transfer a video off of my Laptop onto a USB,on the transfer status the speed of transfer would drop to zero after 10% of the transfer. The drive had plenty of room but every time I went to try and transfer the file the same thing would happen. Now some pictures and video when transfer did just fine for some reason.

These are the main issues which all appear to be something with Windows. I can use all my Apps That aren't on the Windows start menu and Games as well as my web browser. I can also use some of the Windows Features such asTask Manager, Powershell, and File Explorer. So with all of this I've even gone to the point of trying to first repair files, couldn't do that. Then I moved on to reinstall Windows but keep my personal files, didn't work, it just gives me an error saying, "Windows could not be installed". I then tried even reinstalling Windows and wiping everything, but still no luck.

Any ideas on some possible solutions or troubleshooting options? As I have said, I didn't even want this version of Windows in the first place but after an update I had it, I just wanna go back to the older version I had. All help is appreciated! Thank you!:

From what I've concluded, some of these problems sound like drivers being incompatible with this version of Windows. This may explain the possible problem with Bluetooth and WiFi as well as even Audio. My PC just tried to install NVIDIA Drivers and it said there was an error for some reason.

:)

Grudge70, Jan 18, 2021

2. Corel Aftershot 3 died with Windows 10 20h2 update!

My Corel Aftershot 3 died with Windows 10 20h2 update! Any Ideas on how to fix this? Emailed Corel and tried several things with no success. Program starts to run but then I get an error that something went wrong and that Microsoft would be notified and
    if there is a fix I would be notified, shut down program.

Tried reinstalling several times, but get the same no start error.

Thanks

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎10/‎23/‎2020

OS build 19042.610

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Ronald Deal, Jan 18, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 20H2 Legit Died, Any Ideas to A Fix? - Similar Threads - 20H2 Legit Died

2. any ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  3. Any idea on a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any idea on a fix?: My computer completly freezes for a couple of seconds and my audio turns off for a few seconds aswell. A few seconds later everything gets connected back and my computer unfreezes. It happens whenever no matter what I'am doing. But when im playing rust im gettting an error...
  4. Any idea on a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any idea on a fix?: My computer completly freezes for a couple of seconds and my audio turns off for a few seconds aswell. A few seconds later everything gets connected back and my computer unfreezes. It happens whenever no matter what I'am doing. But when im playing rust im gettting an error...
  5. Any idea how to fix this.?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea how to fix this.?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/varanofficial [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hclw0u/any_idea_how_to_fix_this/
  6. Any idea on how to fix a corrupted Windows 10 Profile?

Any idea on how to fix a corrupted Windows 10 Profile?: After I got an update my own profile got corrupted and enters to a temporary profile intead of mine, I created another administrator profile and tried fixing it with regedit but I got no success, I also tried uninstalling the update (KB4532691) but after rebooting the pc, the...
  7. Any idea how to fix this??

Any idea how to fix this??: [ATTACH] So I was having fun playing rainbow six and after i quit to desktop.Boom,suddenly my shortcut turns out to be like this any idea how i can fix it back to normal?...
  8. Any ideas how to fix this?

Any ideas how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tgmcniff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehmiq6/any_ideas_how_to_fix_this/
  9. Install shield 'dies', any ideas?

Install shield 'dies', any ideas?: I have some older software using installshield. My problem is the installer just dies. No error messages. No feedback at all. It starts the process OK. I get to choose language, then nothing. I've watched Task Manager and the process just disappears. This is a consistent...
  10. Any ideas how to fix?

Any ideas how to fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenowagner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpd4kq/any_ideas_how_to_fix/